“Don't let the cheap fast food outside appearance stop you”
Review of Asia 54

Asia 54
Ranked #472 of 3,326 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Inside it's better, much better. We read the good reports here and since it was across the road from our hotel we wanted to go and have dinner here. But then we stopped. It just looked a bit like just another Asian fast food place from the outside. We went to our hotel's restaurant "Urbana" instead, which was great ( read my report...).
The following evening we thought: ok, let's joust give it a try. At least it's not expensive.
We were very pleasantly surprised! The ambiente is very nice, very cosy, yet modern. And the food? Brilliant! I had a red Thai curry and they didn't save on those expensive spices as some Asian places tend to do. It was rich in flavor, savory, the spicyness on the spot - just right. Not too hot that it would be a macho challenge, but still with a good burning bite. A delight. My wife had a fish-dish - which turned out to be a whole snapper, lovely smothered in a spicy marinade/sauce with crisp veggies. She couldn't finish it - it was excellent but simply too much. My son loved their sushi selection an feasted on rolls, sashimi an nigiri. Our waitress? Very friendly, a good sense of humor, quick. She made our experience truly delightful. My advice to the place: lose the seedy outside appearance, change the name, the whole presentation. Present yourself more up market, especially beeping in this neighborhood. Don't change anything inside. Your place will be full!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went with 9 Chinese students. everyone loved it. I shared superb Tom Ka, perfectly spiced papaya salad and succulent crispy snapper. great last evening in DC.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate here with a large group- 10 people. Everyone agreed the food was great. I really liked the pad thai. I got the imago sticky rice for dessert and it was perfection. It had a nice atmosphere We will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great food, great service and reasonably priced. Our family ate there three days in a row, we liked it so much.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wonderful restaurant! The food was delicious, the staff very friendly!
My son loved the "Drunken noodles"! I had the red curry, which was truly delicious!
Very fast service and good ambience! Thumbs up!!!