“This place is an absolute joke, don't even try to eat here”
Review of Red Porch

Red Porch
Ranked #1,639 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

So to (try) to put the absolutely ridiculous experience we had here shortly- we waited 40 minutes for a table when there was 12 open tables right in front of us. They started calling parties of the same size who had arrived after us, after complaining we were seated outside.

We waited for 20 minutes after being seated for a server to come to take a drink order- or even to be acknowledged. No luck.

So an hour after getting there, having missed three innings and a home run, we gave up and left to find food elsewhere. We definitely won't be trying to eat here again, unless there's a major revamp.

This place ruins the whole experience at nationals stadium.

There are newer reviews for Red Porch

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were fortunate to be seated immediately prior to game time. Just the beginning of probably the worst table service that I have ever experienced. Our server was inattentive and could not remember more than one thing at a time. The Red Porch asks that you are in an out within an hour, we were there for seven iniinings. It took that long for our guy to get the order straight and get it to the table. I am a huge baseball fan and attend many games nationwide. I will not go back to Nationals Park.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent per game place...see Laura and Karen for superb service at the bar.
Try the great on tap beers and companionship for the Nats.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was stopping through Alexandria/DC for a day on my way home and thought I would catch a Nationals game. I was lucky to get a free ticket to enter the game and entered through the centerfield entrance which is the closest one to the Navy Yard Metro station. It is a nice ballpark and reminded me a bit of AT&T Park of the SF Giants.

I needed to grab dinner and I noticed this restaurant as I entered the ballpark. There was a 30 min wait to eat outside to watch the game or you could be seated right away inside. I decided to stick it out so I can eat overlooking centerfield. You can definitely buy better seats but it was a fun experience especially if you don't mind the wait. I had the fish tacos and although it was nothing special it was a change from the typical hot dog. There is a limit to the amount of time you can stay at the table... you are given 1 hour so they can seat more people but I think you may be able stay longer towards the end of the game. They also stopped serving around 9:30 (the game starts at 7:05) or it may be tied to the inning which was around the 7th.

The service was very pleasant given how hectic it is at the ballpark. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't have to see every pitch but enjoys the game.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Way out in center field, you won't get a good view of the game but it's great if you just want to hang out during the game, be near the food/beers and socialize. less than $20 for a seat out there you can't really go wrong with the exception of paying nearly half that for a beer.