“Not a sandwich person, but wow!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Falls Church, Virginia
“Not a sandwich person, but wow!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

As stated before, I am not a sandwich person. I didn't grow up with sandwiches being a part of my daily offerings. They don't interest me when it comes to other food. I saw this place and decided to try it as I've tired all the other places and heard the soup is good. So I ordered the clam chowder as seafood is my thing. I have to say I was expecting either white or red, but it was a combination of both. When I asked them is this Manhattan or New England they said that it was DC..... By that they explained that while it was tomatoe based it was finished with cream. Satisfied with that answer i sat down and ate my soup and OMG it was worth it. I neglected to talk to my dinner guest as i immersed myself into the bowl of chowder. i also noticed that the place is family owned and not a corporate kitchen so the chef can make anything he wants to as he owns the restaurant. I highly recommend

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank D F

• Polish first
Denton, Texas
“perfect sandwich for Saturday afternoon snack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

sampled three of the sandwiches and the clam chowder among our group of four. Italian hoagie was best, but all were excellent. It's a small, quaint sandwich shop- can't go wrong. Although we did not have one, the salad looked awesome! home-made kettle chips are tasty appetizer while you wait for your order.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank KDC0726
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Full in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Recently, my wife and I visited Bub and Pops for lunch. What a great place! The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and the food was fantastic! I had the Italian hoagie which was bursting with meat and veggies, a side of homemade pickles, and chips and onion dip which were all homemade. Even though I am a big guy, this really filled me up, even though I only ordered a half sandwich. Everything was fresh and homemade. The service at the counter was very friendly and personable and the overall experience was a pure delight. Being a Philadelphian, I felt right at home.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Joel T
Seacrest Beach, Florida
“One of the Best Sandwiches Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Ok, this is going to be one of five reviews on “Food in DC” which were had this past few days. Our first meal started here at Bud and Pop’s. We shared the “Obama” which was sliced roast beef , NO FAT, with aged white cheese and pepper rings. It was huge and delicious. We also tried one of the pickles of the day and it happened to be pickled beets with shave fennel in a citrus sauce. Both were very good. The cost was below average for the DC area. If you are in the area this one should be looked for. People just kept coming, ordering and going. There is a small sit down area for about 24 to 30 people.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chefluee
Washingtoin DC
“By far the best hoagies in DC. You really need to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Really the very best hoagies I have ever had. All the ingredients except for the bread, feta and cold cuts are made on site. The homemade chips, the homemade pickles (fabulous). No other sandwich joint in DC compares. They take real care in every order. I have to stop myself and restrict my visits and the size of the hoagie - a half is enough for me. Fantastic. You need to go - trust me - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013