“Great for Tweens-teens”

ArtJamz Dupont Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ArtJamz is America's original public art studio and lounge where anyone can paint an original work of art while enjoying drinks and great music in a lively and creative social setting. We supply everything you need to create an original work of art, including art materials, paints, canvas and tips, guidance and encouragement from our art-trained Creative Enablers.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Got package where husband and I had a drink and rare adult conversation time and tween-teen kids got to paint for an hour and really enjoy themselves. Wish we had one of these at home. Really a nice combination for all.

All reviews
"blast"
in 8 reviews
"therapeutic"

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just fun! That's what it's all about at ArtJamz.

After another day full of business meetings in D.C., our group of approximately 20 people went to ArtJamz to blow off steam and have fun. We had a blast. We each had our own easel, drink holder, cup of water for paint, and paint brushes. The "creative enablers" gave us some instructions, and we were then off to do our own thing, but not before all visiting the bar. The bar has a decent amount of options of beer and wine, which you can bring with you to your easel.

It was fun seeing everyone in our group create their own works of art, ranging from animals, tropical islands, inspirational sayings, and musical instruments. The "creative enablers" were always on hand for ideas and tips on how to improve our masterpieces.

Reluctant to try your hand at painting? Don't be... This is a casual, fun atmosphere, and a great way to release your inner artist!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I decided to give ArtJamz a try after hearing so many great things about it. I was initially hesitant because I never really painted before and I did not want to embarrass myself in front of a group of people I have never met. Well, all those worries were for nothing. The people there were all super laid back and friendly, and everybody cared more about hanging out + socializing than critiquing your painting. All in all a fantastic night out. It would be a fun place to go with a group of friends or even a date!

PS - painting is actually easier than it looks!

1  Thank MokYi
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went here on Friday..............and had a blast overall.
It was packed with couples, singles, and a vast array of nationalities, sexual orientations, and ART levels.........(((SMILE))).

As you enter......the hostessess/cashier was a delight, but seemed to be more concerned with "selling us wine........" than anything else.

We reserved our time and art supplies online......so, there was limited room for an upcharge.......

This place needs a dedicated instructor to help..instead of the floater system it currently has in place.

Earlier this year, we visited another venue in PG county...and to see HOW that place was ran in comparison to this one...was interesting. There, you can BYOB, is more like a classroom type of vibe....where you know ahead what it is you can/will create. The person who attended ArtJamz with me....wasn't that creative, so I wish they would've offered a more structured environment, for that reason.

They have a wealth of supplies..........to assist you in UR masterpiece!

Overall, did I leave with a piece TOTALLY designed by me.....yeah, would said piece be 'more' of a masterpieceif the staff would take the lead OR be more attentive...sure.

Parking was plentiful being we opted to arrive about 7ish on a Friday...and we JUST beat the time where you are required to feed the meter.

IDK, if I will visit this place again or not....

1  Thank pky_pook