“Monuments by Moonlight”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Monuments by Moonlight”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a great idea for a tour, and they cover a lot of major sites, which are great at night. However, our guide, Jason, kept telling stories about when he lived in Florida, how he met his wife, etc. I know he knew a lot about Washington, so I don't know why he took up so much time talking about his personal life. There is plenty to tell about DC and all the monuments. Also, he said we would be back at Union Station at 10, but we didn't get back until 10:35. That made it difficult for us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend Monuments by Moonlight tour”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We took the Monuments by Moonlight tour. It was great! Not only did we get to see all the monuments at the stops (Lincoln, Vietman, Korea, MLK, FDR, Iwo Jima) but much of the city as well. Our guide, Eric, was very knowledgeable. I was a little worried my 8 year old would get bored on a 2.5 hour tour not the case! If you're looking for a tour in DC, I recommend Old Town Trolley.

Reading, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Moonlight tour”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Did the Moonlight Tour. Which means you are on an allocated bus with an allocated driver. The evening we did the tour we had an excellent driver who knew his stuff and was a font of interesting information. There are various get off sites to let you look at particular monuments but you then get back onto the same bus with the same driver. The only downside as with all tours is that you do rely on the other members of the tour coming back on time but you cannot blame the tour company for that. Would heartily recommend.

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Old Town Trolley Moonlight Tour is great”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I always take the Old Town Trolley if they are in a city I am visiting. In DC, I took the Moonlight Tour of the Monuments. It was the highlight of the trip. Our driver (Dan P or David P? Bus 319) was great. He ahead great stories and gave us helpful advice in seeing the monuments (at the Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam stop, hit the Korean last as it is very creepy at the darkest point). The memorials are very different at night and this tour is a great way to get around.

Providence, Rhode Island
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Electric beauty”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would have given this tour an excellent rating but our guide got a lot of facts wrong despite his enthusiasm. Aaron burr did not duel Hamilton in Lafayette park, the 3 servicemen has no officers or Navajo code talkers and Mary surrault was not booths mistress nor was booth brought back to doctor be hung, I could continue but these were the most egregious.
Ps when people try to correct misinformation don' t bully them

2 Thank MrAllan54