“The food is worth the trip! Especially if you are attending an event at the Kennedy Center” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ancora - CLOSED

Ancora
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: From Foggy Bottom Metro: At the top of the escalators at the station, turn right, and right again, and proceed West through the plaza to New Hampshire Ave. Turn left (Southwest) on New Hampshire Ave. Proceed 2 blocks, crossing Virginia Ave. Ancora is located directly across from the Kennedy Center. We are also on MetroBus route 80.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Although our waiter was curt and occasionally slow, the food was excellent and the sommelier very helpful. We shared the grilled squid appetizer on polenta. The squid was expertly grilled, the polenta creamy, and the tomato and basil sauce delicate yet flavorful. Both entrees where wonderful. My husband had the fish and shellfish stew and I have the wild mushroom ravioli. Both were incredible.

This restaurant is right next to the Kennedy Center and well-worth a visit even if you are not going to the KenCen. It also has outdoor dining.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Boston
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a bite here yesterday before a recital at Kennedy Center. Noise level was OK. Service was prompt and efficient. We sampled the bruschetta of the day, with several different toppings, all very good. We then had the polpo, which was very fresh and cooked just right, but the dressing was so vinegary that everything was a bit too sour for our tastes. (For example, the accompanying olives had no taste of their own, just vinegar.) We shared a cannoli desert- excellent. The presentation of each plate was a work of art. The bill was actually quite reasonable.

Visited April 2013
Harpswell, Maine
“much ado about little”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although the service was superlative the food was overly rich and the portions were too large. The restaurant is attractive although the artwork leaves something to be desired. Good lighting and comfortable seating makes this a pleasant place for a business lunch or dinner.
Flavors are good but the food just seemed a little too heavy, a little too much, a little too pretentious. One departs feeling a little too full, a little too uncomfortable. This happened with two out of the three of our party.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Kennedy Center choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stopped by for dinner prior to a Kennedy Center show. This is a new restaurant housed in the old restaurant by a different owner. The food was excellent and the choices were inventive. My Friend had the scallops and I had the rabbit; both were outstanding. There is also a gluten free pasta entree available but I did not try it. We split the affogato for dessert, I'm not sure if they forgot the accompanying espresso that I am used to seeing, but the ice cream was delicious and came with a espresso brownie cookie. I can't wait until the patio seating is open.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Finally a decent restaurant near the Kennedy Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, attractive bar adjacent to restaurant. Great ood in the Kinkead tradition and excellent service. When presented with the bill, I discovered that my two glasses of wine had been inadvertently left off the bill. When I pointed it out to the maitre d', he thanked me for my honesty and comped the wine. Good customer relations. The salad was inventive and lightly dressed. The pasta was perfect. I will be back.

1 Thank Gana B