“PTW well worth the dollars”

Private Tours of Washington
Ranked #7 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Our expert guides and black-car service will make you feel like a Washington insider the minute you enter your chauffeur-driven limo or an SUV. With over 50 years of combined experience, we have introduced Washington - its fascinating past and present - to hundreds of business people, diplomats, professional groups, families and students. At Private Tours of Washington we are committed to making your tour a one-of-a-kind experience, full of remarkable sights and unparalleled insights. All tours are by reservation only.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“PTW well worth the dollars”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Raku was excellent, we had tuna tartare, calamari and Asian noodles with a spicy Thai sauce, great suggestion. Trevor and myself want to express our sincere gratitude on you taking your time to educate both of us on JFK history and DC in general . We had an excellent time, I feel truly the only way to see DC on a limited time basis, is PTW !

Good meeting you, PTW is the highlight , now we will fill out the rest of our trip based on your rec's.

Visited June 2014

Port Orange, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“PTW shows us Washington”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

In mid-May my wife and I spent parts of three days with Bill Thomas and his staff including Gill and several drivers. Being in the travel business myself I fully appreciate the knowledge and expertise demonstrated by Bill and his staff and their reliability and punctuality and the skill of the drivers getting us hither and yon and then finding us again. Dealing with Bill prior to our time in DC helped us to mutually agree upon what we were most interested in and his many suggestions melded with ours including sights to see on our own and restaurants. I heartily recommend PTW to all those wishing to tour and experience DC in comfort and with experts.
Jack and Maryann Curran

Whittier, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife daughter and I went on a incredible private tour.It was 4 hours of mind absorbing knowledge and sight seeing. It was a great start to our weekend in DC. We absolutely love it.they picked us up in a nice suburban. I was suprised to see there were two people,a driver and the guide.it made it easy for the the drop off to each place we went.the picked us right up.thanks so much.highly recommended.

2 Thank 3dmac
Rock Springs, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative, fun, delightful!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Gill was fun and extremely knowledgable, and very accommodating for our tour. Both he and driver Hama were so helpful with my mother who needed some assistance. We were able to see everything we wanted to see and then some. Well worth the money, especially if time is short. Also thanks to Irina for her help in planning our tour. Highly recommend PTW!

2 Thank wyogirled
Menlo Park, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic, very well planned, unbelievable knowledge of all the areas we visited as well as the whole DC area - I am still think”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

First of all, this was my first trip to the DC area. It's surprising how much u think u remember of your history. But in reality I don't think I even remembered or was even taught (or read) about the wonderful experiences I was in the process of learning. Bill was so great in " reading " what my interests were & so we had so much fun. Bill was so open to changing up our itinerary as my experiences grew. I can truly say this was by far the most knowledgeable and fun I have ever had when visiting a new area! I loved the stories and personal interest Bill shared with me regarding all the history of each & every site we visited. I have to add something ver special that Bill & his wife did to incorporates visit to the Washington DC area and my Birthday (I was away from my family). Not only was it another very eventful day - but it started with Bill's wife shopping for beautiful roses ( a special request from my daughter) & card for my Birthday from my daughter & one from Bill. & his wife but delivering them to my hotel in person the morning of my Birthday. And, after a fantastic & very memorable last day in Washington DC, ending with a Birthday dinner in downtown DC. I can sincerely and honestly say, I have never experienced such a very thoughtful, knowledgeable and fun experience - and that's to the credit of Bill and his wonderful "Tours of Washington DC "- trust me - this is a tour you will never forget and definitely want to do again & share with all your friends & family. I know If I get a chance to go back I will call "Bill & say. - I'm coming back - get ready for me." Thanks Bill!

Visited April 2014