“Dont hesitate book this now!”

Private Tours of Washington
Ranked #4 of 157 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Have questions? Find answers at privatetoursofwashington.com. See how PTW's expert tour guides and black-car service will have you feeling like a Washington insider. With over 50 years of combined experience, our local guides have introduced the Nation's Capital -- its fascinating past and present -- to diplomats, corporate groups, families and students. At Private Tours of Washington we are committed to making your time with us a one-of-a-kind experience full of remarkable sights and unparalleled insights. All PTW tours are by reservation only.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This tour was absolutely amazing! The wealth of knowledge Gil knows about the city is unbelievable, this is truly something every American should experience ! We were all blown away! Thank you for offering such a great tour!

1  Thank buffaloMT
"white house"
in 34 reviews
"wonderful stories"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
"nation's capital"
in 10 reviews
"dropped off"

Reviewed April 22, 2014

From first contact to last, our experience with everyone associated with Private Tours could not have been better! Irina made the booking simple and pleasant...she is so nice! Bill made planning the trip fun and interesting, and he never seemed to mind my endless questions. Sivi drove with safety and always seemed to be where we needed him, and Dave, our guide, was chock full of fun and wonderful, different information that we could not easily have learned on our own. Once he knew what our granddaughter liked, he was full of information geared toward her. She was delighted. Bill's advice as to how to gain entry to certain venues was spot on, and his recommendations were wonderful. We would not have gone to the Newseum were it not for his enthusiastic recommendation! And after our tours were done, Bill continued to help us with beefing up our White House tour. When we objected to taking up his time, his response was, "I love this stuff!" And clearly he does! Thanks to everyone at Private Tours! You are all terrific!

2  Thank Avbf
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband & I had a wonderful afternoon with Bill taking us around the areas we had not seen on an earlier group tour. It was a great treat to see the Marine Barracks ( we got to go in the gate for a few minutes), the Republican Nat'l Headquarters, neighborhoods around DC including Embassy Row, Georgetown and more. Bill is a treasure trove of information, Sidi was terrific and we got the added pleasure of meeting Irina. We could never have done these things on our own, especially in one afternoon. This was a highlight for us. We will definitely contact PTW when we return.

2  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We spent 4 hours with Larry, and I couldn't have been more pleased. My 9 year old grandson and 14 year old granddaughter learned so much about the monuments and memorials on the Mall--plus our other picture ops like in front of the White House. They absolutely got the best history lesson as did I--and he was such fun to be with. His personality was delightful. In addition he gave me great information on negotiating the plans I had already made. Sidi was a great driver--always there, and Bill gave me great confidence by telling me he was my "go to guy" and that I could call with any questions during my trip. I felt that I was really splurging on my experience with Private Tours--but It was the most worthwhile money I have spent on any trip! Suzanne from Omaha and my Seattle Grandchildren

1  Thank Suzanne S
See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2014

When my family decided to visit Washington DC and we knew we had limited time to see all of the attractions, we decided to enlist the services of PTW. In just 4 hours during the busy week of April 7-11th, our guide, George, took us to see the White House, Arlington Cemetery for JFK's grave and the Changing of the Guard, quick drive by the Pentagon and 9/11 Memorial, stops at the US Marine Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam and Korean War Memorials, and MLK Memorial, a quick walk around the Tidal Basin, and dropped us off at the US Capitol to take the guided tour. Unbelievable trip with various history lessons all compacted into an amazing 1/2 day. My children (ages 12, 14, and 17) really loved it - no way we could do this on our own!

Also have to mention the driver who really knew how to negotiate the busy DC streets, moving us along as quickly as possible.

2  Thank Brian T