Private Tours of Washington
Review Highlights
Marvelous Tour with Gil

Came to DC with grown children for 2 days. They had never been before so I wanted to book a good... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jane0270jane
New London, New Hampshire
via mobile
I Had a Ball With Private Tours of Washington Because of Bill Thomas!

No doubt the one undeniable reason Private Tours of Washington, or PTW, enjoys the excellent... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $400.00
from $79.00
from $54.00
More Info
All reviews hour tour customized tour his knowledge wonderful tour white house arlington cemetery embassy row pentagon memorial nation's capital come alive dc area highlight of our trip would highly recommend this tour supreme court three hours library of congress american history
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It has been an honor for my daughter (9 yrs old) and I to be able to see parts of Washington D.C. that very few first time visitors would discover! Bill was an excellent choice as a resource and tour guide!

Bill spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me listening to our reasons for visiting D.C. before creating an agenda. He asked about our personal desires (why I wanted to skip a certain museum, what the top priorities were, how much time we had) and created an agenda for each day (including links of suggested restaurants where we could dine each day). By the time we arrived in DC, we knew exactly what to expect, what would be open during Thanksgiving, and how to reach him in case we had any questions. When I called him for directions, he guided us through the phone very patiently and explained us the process to follow during the short two hours we had left for visiting the Capitol. He took care of our tickets to the Ford's Theatre, provided us with Senate passes, and told us what monuments are better to see at night or daytime.

Since our guided tour was scheduled for the fourth day, we were able to see a lot of things on our own (thanks to his directions and schedule). When he picked us up with his driver Sidi, he proposed additional places to see and further tailored his guidance to fit our additional wishes. Throughout our tour, he shared unexpected interesting fatcs with us for which we are greatful. He also made sure that my daughter would be well involved an entertained.

Bill's high level of excellence travels fast. I would be glad to recommend him to any individual or group. He is full of knowledge regarding politics, history, DC, and other areas which he shares with great enthusiasm! It is an honor to spend some time with Bill!

2  Thank Csilla S
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Csilla, Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Given your reason for coming to Washington, it was a special privilege to meet you and your daughter. I hope your trip here was a source of inspiration for both of you. I know it was for me.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Bill is amazing. My son, 15 and wife experience first-hand Bills fantastic insight and knowledge of Washington DC. We asked to do a 4 hour blitz of the Whitehouse, Arlington National Cemetery and the Lincoln Memorial. It was great. Bill combines well known sights into story’s that make history jump out at you. He makes you feel very comfortable to ask questions, learn and to enjoy. I highly recommend it.

Date of experience: October 2013
2  Thank patb852
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Pat, Thanks for the great time and terrific review. It's important to reconnect with American places when you live outside the country, particularly places like Arlington Cemetery, where it's hard to imagine getting any closer to the changing-of-the-guard ceremony than we did. Glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This past Friday, my dad, sister and a family friend were in DC celebrating my dad's 86th birthday! I cannot say enough about the fabulous tour we had with Bill. We all thoroughly enjoyed his expertise on the history of the USA and DC immensely! We talked about all the different aspects of the tour all weekend. Bill was extremely accommodating to the limited physical needs of members of our party and planned a perfect tour. In addition, he is probably one of the most intelligent, interesting and entertaining gentleman I have ever met. Bill, what a great Birthday Present you were for my dad! Thank you!

2  Thank Tricia V

Tricia, Thanks for the great review and kind words. It was an honor to be a part of your dad's birthday visit to Washington.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

A friend and I were in town for a long weekend Nov 6-11. We had the good fortune to book a private monuments by moonlight tour with Bill. My friend and I are still talking about how much fun we had. The information and sight-seeing were fantastic. And the banter was just right. :) Bill's knowledge is as expansive as his wit. Truly one of the highlights of our trip! I highly recommend this experience.

2  Thank julesashtontravel
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Julie, I'm glad to hear both of you had so much fun. Thanks for the fabulous company and terrific review.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am recently partially wheelchair bound...but my husband and I were still raring to get out and do all the wondrous things which were just waiting for us in Washington DC! I was totally anxious about the logistics, possibilities and limitations, as this was my first venture as a visitor with a mobility limitation! Then, we connected with Bill Thomas and Private Tours by means of his online listing and things took off from there. I must explain that DC is a very friendly- to- handicapped- accessability city...but we found that most all involved larger groups, treks, and dry ground! And possible disappointing outcomes. We contacted Bill, who reassured me that a terrific tour was possible and he set to work creating a superlative experience. The man knows everything!! What a fascinating evening of insider insights, thoughtful care, zipping around from one scene to another with Bill's world adventures interspersed as well as total mastery of the DC scene, history, great stories,humor and a sharing of his enthusiasm and passion for "his" city. We cannot recommend this amazing tour enough....Bill drove us himself and was unfailingly supportive in schlepping the wheelchair in and out of the trunk, getting in and out of the car, and finding the best views and routes. We came away with so much new knowledge and appreciation for our history and government. Amazing. Don't miss Private Tours of Washington DC, Bill Thomas and an excellent adventure. Guarenteed to be highlight of your DC experience!.

2  Thank BC_and_DC

Washington is really many cities in one, and I think we must have seen all of them, from Embassy Row to the 'hood." Thanks for the inspiration and the kind words.