“Larry Was Outstanding”

Private Tours of Washington
Ranked #4 of 157 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Have questions? Find answers at privatetoursofwashington.com. See how PTW's expert tour guides and black-car service will have you feeling like a Washington insider. With over 50 years of combined experience, our local guides have introduced the Nation's Capital -- its fascinating past and present -- to diplomats, corporate groups, families and students. At Private Tours of Washington we are committed to making your time with us a one-of-a-kind experience full of remarkable sights and unparalleled insights. All PTW tours are by reservation only.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have always wanted to visit Washington and in particular visit Arlington Cemetery and Capitol Hill.
Booked a tour from Australia for myself and wife and four sons 17,15,13 and 7. I could not have dreamt or hoped for a better experience. Larry our tour guide arrived as scheduled with a large luxurious Mercedes transport vehicle (driven by Shake).

Our tour to Arlington was so memorable. Larry was extremely knowledgable, entertaining, courteous and patient (particularly with my seven year old who asked innumerable number of questions). A wonderful wonderful experience. We also visited Georgetown and "embassy" avenue.

On day two Larry suggested Ford theatre,World War Two and Korean Memorials , Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials and Capitol Hill.

Larry organised passes to attend the Senate in session and Congress.
He had wonderful stories and was so knowledgable and entertaining.
Having a separate driver made the day run so smoothly.

We had such a wonderful two days being guided around Washington. One of my teenage sons suggested it was two of the best days of his life. I would have to agree. One hopes that these days are memorable however Larry made it unforgettable.

Once again Larry thank you. The tour was outstanding.

If other visitors are in any doubt about who to use in Washington as tour guides let me suggest to you to go no further than this company and ask for Larry.

6  Thank Gerard C
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Gerard, Thanks for writing such a thoughtful review. Hearing that your son felt his visit to Washington was "the best two days of his life" says a lot about the city, its history and Larry's extraordinary talents as a guide. All of us at Private Tours of Washington are delighted to hear we helped make your family's first trip to our Nation's Capital such a memorable one.

All reviews
"white house"
in 34 reviews
"wonderful stories"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
"nation's capital"
in 10 reviews
"dropped off"

Reviewed December 2, 2013

It has been an honor for my daughter (9 yrs old) and I to be able to see parts of Washington D.C. that very few first time visitors would discover! Bill was an excellent choice as a resource and tour guide!

Bill spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me listening to our reasons for visiting D.C. before creating an agenda. He asked about our personal desires (why I wanted to skip a certain museum, what the top priorities were, how much time we had) and created an agenda for each day (including links of suggested restaurants where we could dine each day). By the time we arrived in DC, we knew exactly what to expect, what would be open during Thanksgiving, and how to reach him in case we had any questions. When I called him for directions, he guided us through the phone very patiently and explained us the process to follow during the short two hours we had left for visiting the Capitol. He took care of our tickets to the Ford's Theatre, provided us with Senate passes, and told us what monuments are better to see at night or daytime.

Since our guided tour was scheduled for the fourth day, we were able to see a lot of things on our own (thanks to his directions and schedule). When he picked us up with his driver Sidi, he proposed additional places to see and further tailored his guidance to fit our additional wishes. Throughout our tour, he shared unexpected interesting fatcs with us for which we are greatful. He also made sure that my daughter would be well involved an entertained.

Bill's high level of excellence travels fast. I would be glad to recommend him to any individual or group. He is full of knowledge regarding politics, history, DC, and other areas which he shares with great enthusiasm! It is an honor to spend some time with Bill!

2  Thank Csilla S
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Csilla, Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Given your reason for coming to Washington, it was a special privilege to meet you and your daughter. I hope your trip here was a source of inspiration for both of you. I know it was for me.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Bill is amazing. My son, 15 and wife experience first-hand Bills fantastic insight and knowledge of Washington DC. We asked to do a 4 hour blitz of the Whitehouse, Arlington National Cemetery and the Lincoln Memorial. It was great. Bill combines well known sights into story’s that make history jump out at you. He makes you feel very comfortable to ask questions, learn and to enjoy. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Pat B
Bill T, Owner at Private Tours of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Pat, Thanks for the great time and terrific review. It's important to reconnect with American places when you live outside the country, particularly places like Arlington Cemetery, where it's hard to imagine getting any closer to the changing-of-the-guard ceremony than we did. Glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This past Friday, my dad, sister and a family friend were in DC celebrating my dad's 86th birthday! I cannot say enough about the fabulous tour we had with Bill. We all thoroughly enjoyed his expertise on the history of the USA and DC immensely! We talked about all the different aspects of the tour all weekend. Bill was extremely accommodating to the limited physical needs of members of our party and planned a perfect tour. In addition, he is probably one of the most intelligent, interesting and entertaining gentleman I have ever met. Bill, what a great Birthday Present you were for my dad! Thank you!

2  Thank Tricia_V555

Tricia, Thanks for the great review and kind words. It was an honor to be a part of your dad's birthday visit to Washington.