“Great Stay at the Hampton!”

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights in May and had a wonderful visit! Our first night we were in Room 1104 and it was a beautiful corner room on the top floor. Unfortunately, because it was a corner unit with many windows, it also allowed a lot of street noise in and we were woken up at 4:30 am by garbage trucks and other heavy machinery! A wonderful staff kindly moved us to room 1101 which was a smaller room, but just as nice and because it had fewer windows and was tucked around the corner we were sheltered from the street noise and had a wonderful sleep for the next 5 nights. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. The bathroom had the best lighting I had ever seen in a hotel. The STAFF are AMAZING! Very accommodating and friendly and helpful! The manager even came around two mornings during breakfast to make sure everything was going well with the guests. I have never seen that before. The free internet worked great. The complimentary breakfast was yummy and better than most hotels that offer breakfast. There was always a variety of breads, eggs, breakfast sausage or bacon, fruit, yogurts, juices etc. Only one block from the metro. Can't beat the location in terms of being able to get to all the sights quickly and cheaply on the metro. Wonderful stay! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: 1101 was quieter.
1  Thank Linda G
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My family and I stayed at this Hampton for four nights last week and we were VERY impressed. I can't say enough about the kindness and helpfulness of the staff...We were greeted every time we entered the building by both the valet drivers and the front desk...The staff members were very informative of the area and really took the time to help us get where we needed to be! Rooms were clean, breakfast was great, only about a 20 minute walk to the national mall and even less to the white house and metro. Overall the hotel was very nice!!! Coming from a small town in Ohio, the staff made the transition to a "big city," a smooth one!!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BriHall4
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I called to confirm my reservation and was so pleased with the courteous service of the associate who took my call. In addition to helping with the reservation she aslo arranged a car to pick me and my family up at the airport. Thank you Portia - I'm looking forward to my visit!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed at this great hotel for only one night, as I came into town for a job interivew. Room was very nice and breakfast so nice. The staff was so friendly and the location was perfect. Speacial mention to Lakia who made my stay so perfect!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights the second week of May. 2 things stand out from this hotel.

1.) the staff! All staff members we interacted with were personal and helpful.We felt like they really enjoyed their job and were happy to help with directions, suggestions, tours, etc. The staff at this hotel were better than any other Hampton Inn we have stayed at.
2.) The location! We like to stay in the heart of a city and walk everywhere. The first 2 days we did just that, walked and walked, which you can easily do. Then we discovered the metro, bingo! There are 2 metro stops close by to make it even easier. The hotel is very close to the White House. I think we walked past the White House every day :) *However, Georgetown really does not have a metro so we walked and one time took a taxi

Besides the above, our room was spotless, breakfast selection was larger than other Hampton Inn's, and overall was a very positive experience.

However, the only (and small) negative is the noise. We were on the 11th floor (top floor) and yes, the garbage woke us up. I was prepared as I had read on here about that. I think it might depend what your room faces, ours faced other office buildings in a quad like formation. Additionally, the room next to us had small children that started screaming at 6:30 am, then they went down for breakfast came back up and started screaming again. They checked out after that first night we were there. Perhaps the walls are thin?

The noise was only a small issue and we would book here again and would 100% recommend this hotel to others!

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel! You made our experience in DC great!

4  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel is very clean, modern, and the rooms are the same. The rooms (we got a single king) may be on the smaller side, but they are cozy. I would highly recommend you stay on the back of the building on a floor higher than 6 for noise reduction. Also, the breakfast in the morning was better than I expected and they never ran out. And the convenience of the location couldn't be beat....you were right by a metro station and within walking distance of major landmarks, including the White House.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I travel regularly for business, staying at hotels in many cities, across multiple chains, and this was the most pleasant experience I've had in years. The entire staff was extremely helpful, especially Porsche, at the front desk. The hotel was clean and modern and the room was spacious, plus the location is quite convenient for getting around the city. This was a family vacation, and the hotel experience really adds to the satisfaction level for everyone. Not only will we be back...we'll also recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family