“Excellent staff!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mansfield, Ohio
“Excellent staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

My family and I stayed at this Hampton for four nights last week and we were VERY impressed. I can't say enough about the kindness and helpfulness of the staff...We were greeted every time we entered the building by both the valet drivers and the front desk...The staff members were very informative of the area and really took the time to help us get where we needed to be! Rooms were clean, breakfast was great, only about a 20 minute walk to the national mall and even less to the white house and metro. Overall the hotel was very nice!!! Coming from a small town in Ohio, the staff made the transition to a "big city," a smooth one!!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BriHall4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mission Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I called to confirm my reservation and was so pleased with the courteous service of the associate who took my call. In addition to helping with the reservation she aslo arranged a car to pick me and my family up at the airport. Thank you Portia - I'm looking forward to my visit!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed at this great hotel for only one night, as I came into town for a job interivew. Room was very nice and breakfast so nice. The staff was so friendly and the location was perfect. Speacial mention to Lakia who made my stay so perfect!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights the second week of May. 2 things stand out from this hotel.

1.) the staff! All staff members we interacted with were personal and helpful.We felt like they really enjoyed their job and were happy to help with directions, suggestions, tours, etc. The staff at this hotel were better than any other Hampton Inn we have stayed at.
2.) The location! We like to stay in the heart of a city and walk everywhere. The first 2 days we did just that, walked and walked, which you can easily do. Then we discovered the metro, bingo! There are 2 metro stops close by to make it even easier. The hotel is very close to the White House. I think we walked past the White House every day :) *However, Georgetown really does not have a metro so we walked and one time took a taxi

Besides the above, our room was spotless, breakfast selection was larger than other Hampton Inn's, and overall was a very positive experience.

However, the only (and small) negative is the noise. We were on the 11th floor (top floor) and yes, the garbage woke us up. I was prepared as I had read on here about that. I think it might depend what your room faces, ours faced other office buildings in a quad like formation. Additionally, the room next to us had small children that started screaming at 6:30 am, then they went down for breakfast came back up and started screaming again. They checked out after that first night we were there. Perhaps the walls are thin?

The noise was only a small issue and we would book here again and would 100% recommend this hotel to others!

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel! You made our experience in DC great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley D
Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel is very clean, modern, and the rooms are the same. The rooms (we got a single king) may be on the smaller side, but they are cozy. I would highly recommend you stay on the back of the building on a floor higher than 6 for noise reduction. Also, the breakfast in the morning was better than I expected and they never ran out. And the convenience of the location couldn't be beat....you were right by a metro station and within walking distance of major landmarks, including the White House.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Jennifer F
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I travel regularly for business, staying at hotels in many cities, across multiple chains, and this was the most pleasant experience I've had in years. The entire staff was extremely helpful, especially Porsche, at the front desk. The hotel was clean and modern and the room was spacious, plus the location is quite convenient for getting around the city. This was a family vacation, and the hotel experience really adds to the satisfaction level for everyone. Not only will we be back...we'll also recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am really amazed at the wonderful customer service at this hotel. Extremely helpful, kind, and genuinely dedicated staff. Someone just brought up laundry to my room, I offered a tip and she would't take it. I will come to this hotel every time I come to Washington DC!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business