“Room and staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
Meridian, United States
“Room and staff”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Room was very nice but noisy from the outside traffic. Staff was excellent other than Sat. a.m. manager. Conveniently located. Breakfast was good and varied each morning. Would stay here again but perhaps in a room away from the street noise. Everything was always neat and very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cambridge
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a terrific experience at this hotel. Angela, in particular, went above and beyond to accommodate a dietary consideration of ours for breakfast. She even remembered to take care of us the next morning.

The rooms were actually very clean. I only rate it average for cleanliness because of a smell that came out of the sink.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Hampton Inn ion Wash., D.C. was wonderful beyond words...the location was excellent and the staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly...they were helpful even before we got here as they helped us on the phone plan our agenda(Rachael!)...Joe the mgr. was extrememly out there for everyone and Angela the breakfast mgr. was incredible (as was the food: something for everyone!)
HIGHLY recommend this place to all!

Green Features: Verrrry green and we appreciated that! As green as could possibly be actually! And none of it detracted from our delightful stay!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randy1948
milwaukee
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This Hampton Inn is tucked into an old building on H Street very near the White House. Excellent location for walking to the Smithsonians, restaurants and shopping. Staff was outstanding! Their breakfast experience was best ever in a Hampton Inn. Room was spacious enough and well-appointed. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My stay was March 23rd through today (26th). I did not have to pay for luggage holding. From the moment I walked in, I was treated as well as I have ever been at a Hilton property. Every single individual with whom I dealt was extremely courteous and friendly. They allowed me to check in early (had to take a different flight), and gave me the room I'd requested.

The room was clean and modern, and the breakfast was a Hampton standard. Maid service was exemplary. Wi-Fi worked as expected.

I don't travel much anymore, but I used to be a road warrior, and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. I would not hesitate to recommend or stay here again. Whoever is training and hiring this staff is doing it right, and beyond tripadvisor, I'm going to send something forward to corporate.

I am a low-maintenance traveler, but if I see issues I am not afraid to mention. Some might not like the view; mine was the building 30 feet away. Big whoop for me, as they were nice enough to note my comments about requesting a low floor, first time I've been accommodated that way. You can walk two blocks to the White House for a view. One does not encounter this kind of service at some Four Seasons.

This place is a great springboard for a D.C. vacation (Farragut West Metro two blocks away), although I imagine they are sold out in tourist season. This is an older building that has been refurbished, and they did a good job, especially in the bathroom.

Room Tip: North side lower rooms will view adjoining building. No matter, this is not a "window view&quo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wecsg
Mansfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The accommodations and location of Hampton Inn White House were great but what made my stay really great was a couple of awesome staff I spoke with! They were so helpful with my many, obscure needs regarding my luggage. Portia was especially wonderful and fun, and Gabi was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Courtney A
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is a sparkling, modern hotel, with an unbeatable location just steps from the White House. Our two queen-bed room was large, stylish, and comfortable; the bathroom was also spacious. The blackout blinds and ear plugs were much appreciated given the downtown location. Our family commented that it felt more like a W than a Hampton!

The one item that left a bad taste in our mouth was that the hotel demanded a $5-per bag fee to hold our family's bags for a few hours while we went sightseeing. This was surprising and unprecedented, especially for HiltonHonors Gold members. This policy should definitely be reversed.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank lonestarsky
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Supervisor at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear lonestarsky,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are thrilled to read that everything about our location and room accommodations were enjoyable for your family. We have recognized your feedback concerning luggage storage and have made adjustments to accommodate future guests. If you are planning another trip, we would love the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to DC!

Warmest Regards,