“Great place for a small wedding”

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were married at the Hampton Inn/White House in January 2014. From the moment we contacted the hotel, our event went flawlessly. Diane Falco, Director of Sales, helped us with blocking of rooms, setting up for our wedding, music, and storing and receiving items for the wedding, as well as our many other needs. She and her staff assisted us with locating places to dine and socialize.

Every member of the Hampton was helpful, pleasant and very caring. The event was so much more just because of the care and effort that the hotel staff put out. We are extremely grateful for all that they did to make it such a wonderful event.

The hotel has a large lobby/eating area that is split into two areas and was easily blocked off for the wedding, creating a private setting. There are a couple of options in setting up the room, depending on the number of guests but up to 35-40 guests can probably be accommodated.

Again, we were extremely pleased from the moment we contacted the hotel until after we left. The staff is amazingly kind, caring, effective and efficient. We highly recommend this venue if you are planning on having a small wedding.

Mary and Suzie from Kentucky

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you very much Suzie S!
We are honored that you chose to celebrate your wedding with us and appreciate you sharing the experience. We are delight that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again and congratulations on your marriage.

Jadranka Belajic
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Reviewed January 25, 2014

What a great mid size hotel, it was very refreshing to see that a hotel can be clean and modern in this world of boring worn out hotels. The staff are just fantastic here always treating you with a smile as you come and go. The morning breakfast that is supplied is great and a fantastic start to the day. My day always started with a walk to Starbucks on the cnr a few doors down and then back to the hotel to meet the family for breakfast.
The hotel is very well located with the White House only a few blocks away and lots of small resturants and bars with in a few blocks.
One thing i really noticed was how ammaculate and clean the bathrooms were.
They have a really nice area just inside the main door where you can sit and relax but what was missing was an area where you could just sit back and enjoy a wine at the bar at the end of the day.
All in all a great place to stay and i sure would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kiwi1Perth
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location, just a few blocks from the White House. The rooms are recently updated, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast, free Internet access, hot cider and cookies in the evening. I often work at a place just a block away and plan to return here for my future stays. The hotel is fairly small which makes it feel quiet and home-like--also nice that I never had to wait long for the elevator on the 11th floor and usually went non-stop up & down.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tom W,
How kind of you to take the time to post a review of your recent stay at Hampton inn White House. We are delight that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. We look forward to your next visit.

Jadranka Belajic
Assistant general manager

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently returned from an 8 day business trip from the Pacific Northwest to Washington DC. I am so thankful I chose this hotel for my stay in DC. From the minute I called to make my reservation until I picked up my bags on the last afternoon, the service at this location was fantastic. Kudos to the staff for your excellent customer service. I was greeted with a smile by every employee, every time I came into the hotel or came off the elevator. The front desk staff went out of their way to meet my needs, gave excellent suggestions regarding places to eat or routes to the museums and monuments. Joe and Portia made my return to the hotel in the evening something to look forward to, I felt like they were welcoming me home (which, technically, was true for the duration of my stay). The valet asked if I needed an umbrella when I was heading out into the snow, and greeted me with a smile each evening as well. The breakfast ladies are to be commended for their friendliness and their attention to keeping the breakfast area clean and well supplied. No problems at all with the housekeeping, which is what I expect from a Hampton Inn.
The location is very convenient to the White House, the National Mall and several federal buildings, and a metro stop.
This hotel is quite new, has free breakfast and wifi and a large number of cable channels. An incredible value, especially when considering the great location.
I will definitely stay at this location anytime I'm back in the Washington DC area.
By the way, I had read some reviews that mentioned the noise from a nearby nightclub. I was on the front side of the hotel and never heard any nightclub sounds, however there was some traffic noise. That's what those earplugs on the bedside table were for, but I didn't think the noise was bad enough to warrant using them.

Room Tip: A room on the front side of the hotel means you'll hear some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The service was great, the hotel rooms were awesome, the breakfast was delicious and to top it off, they give you complementary warm chocolate chip cookies! The only downfall was that I had to return home! They also were able to suit our needs when a snow storm hit and we had to stay another night.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you very much 7657965greenteam !
We appreciate your five star review. It sounds like you and your classmates had a wonderful time!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Rooms are large, clean and modern. Huge beds, loads of cable channels and wifi in your room. Couple of minute walk to the White House and not much further to the other major monuments.

Great value and close to everything, absolutely no complaints from me.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was great. I love the hospitality. Coming in from the cold you are offered coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc to get you nice and cozy. Upon entering we were immediately greeted and asked if there was anything in particular we would like to do and were offered suggestions. They were very helpful in deciding where to go for some nightlife also. The hotel is within walking distance to everything..the Whitehouse, National Mall etc. It's in a great location to see DC for first timers. There is a breakfast buffet offered which is okay but I prefer made to order meals because buffet food in my opinion isn't hot enough but its definitely perk!! I would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple