Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
The Watergate
$172
$162
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$299
$239
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
$286
$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
Travelocity
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$227
Hotelpower.com
1,797 results
All reviewswhite housegreat locationh streetfree breakfastwithin walking distancethe breakfast areayogurtbreakfast stafftwo blocksvalet parkingstreet noisenational mallthe hotel staffindoor poolclean hotelwould stay here againother attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Like some of the other reviewers, we had an outstanding service experience from the staff at this hotel. I travel a lot for work, subsequently staying in a lot of hotels, and I can honestly say I haven't had better service anywhere on the plant than at this hotel. It is clear they are trying to take good care of their guests. We too had to check in early and Alex made it super easy to do so. They were great with restaurant recommendations, even calling to make reservations on our behalf, which is something you don't expect from a Hampton class hotel. The hotel location is terrific, so close to the train station and White House. Next time we're in DC, we won't even think of staying someplace else.

1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel was phenomenal. We arrived just a couple of minutes after 10 a.m., which is when the breakfast bar closes. The ladies closing up overheard us telling the desk clerk we were disappointed that we'd missed it. They immediately waved us over and guided us through, helping us make selections and making us feel especially welcome. Over the next three days we had several encounters with the desk staff who were always very accommodating, professional, and pleasant. Ditto the guys handling valet parking out front. Even though we didn't have a car, they always greeted us when arriving or departing. While we didn't see the housekeeping staff, we appreciated their service. The room was clean, attractive, and very comfortable. Did I mention the food was good? The location was great - just one block from the Farragut West Metro station and close to nice restaurants too. We would recommend this hotel highly and would definitely stay there again if we ever return to D.C.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear BarbinKC:
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I'm glad to hear every member of our team provided you and your family with the warmest and most welcoming experience in Washington, DC. We look forward to your next visit to DC!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed for one night (Saturday -- two of us visiting our son), can't beat the location, hotel recently upgraded, staff very nice and helpful (took time to get use information and directions), enjoyed stay!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as a treat for my birthday and to attend a 80s Costume Party in the city. I love the location because it was near some pretty good restaurants, the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and the rooms were clean. The problems that I had with the hotel is that we had two beds. I booked my room a month ago and confirmed a late check in with a King Bed. They did not have any King rooms available when we arrived at 7:30pm and my special birthday weekend was spend in a Queen bed that felt more like a double with a view of a brick wall and someone's screen saver on the monitor in the office next door. Lastly, please make sure you check your receipt before you leave because 10% sales tax on a $30.00 parking tab is not $5.40! Not sure why kind of math they are using but I would say question all of the extra fees.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CherishedGetaways

Dear CherishedGetaways:
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. We are proud to lead a team of strong, caring team members in a location that's hard to beat for the value. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your room preferences. If you visit DC again in the future, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and was within walking distance to the White House, national mall, and other various monuments. It was also very close to a metro line for getting around by train.

The lobby was nice and the free breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly.

The only downside was that our room was extremely small. In fact it was one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. It also did not have a bathtub (only shower.) Also it faced two buildings looking out both windows so we had no view at all. If this is important you might want to ask for a street facing room.

Room Tip: Ask for a street facing room. If you would like a bathtub make sure you ask for it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H

Dear Tim H:
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the Hampton Inn-DC/White House. We have a great location in Downtown DC, but as you stated some rooms are facing another building. We do our best to meet our guest's preferences, especially for bathtubs and they are available to reserve. I'm glad to hear our staff were friendly in their service, and we hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to "WOW" in DC.