“Go to a concert at this venue!”

Sixth and I Historic Synagogue
Mount Airy, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Go to a concert at this venue!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Gorgeous synagogue complete with old wooden pews and stained glass windows. It was amazing to see a concert while sitting in the pews, even balcony seating was very good. I felt a little bad for the band as they were crammed in a small space but the sound was extraordinary and very intimate.

Visited August 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Totally Surprised!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My brother just has his baby's naming in this beautiful synagogue. I've been in synagogues my entire life growing up but I've never felt as welcome and warm as this one. It houses all forms of Jews and non-Jews alike in a gorgeous venue for religious activities, pre-Shabbat beer socials, and even concerts. The synagogue was a temple/church then temple again and the tour provided gives a great sense of history and purpose to it. Be sure to look for Mr. Bloom who gave a warm touch to everything he spoke of.

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Intimate concert venue”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is one of the best concert spaces I've ever experienced, and I have been to over 500 shows. It maintains the spiritual decor of both a church and synagogue (and I believe still operates as one or the other), and puts you right in front of the stage. This would be a tremendous space to see an acoustic set.

Visited June 2012