“Delicious vegetarian pho”

Pho 14
Ranked #1,132 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I live right down the street from here, and you can smell the pho every time you walk by - but rather than be a deterrent, it almost always tempts me to eat more! I'm a vegetarian (though I have tried pho with a beef broth), and the food here is so delicious. There is always a place to sit, however I've experienced times when the service was pretty slow, but I think that maybe they were just understaffed.

There are newer reviews for Pho 14

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The best pho I've ever had, and I've had some pho! This is a small, clean, charming place with excellent service and truly outstanding food. It's located on a little block with several ethnic restaurants - Cuban, Dominican... The service was excellent and had a family-owned feel. I go to DC twice a month and Pho 14 is definitely one of the highlights of my trip!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The original Pho 14 was always busy, so it's nice to see this restaurant expand with a second location on Columbia Road.

I've been twice and had good experiences both times. The space is pretty big, so there's lots of seating. Decor is basic, but pleasant.

Menu is large and has tons of options -- lots of pho options, plus a wide variety of rice and noodle dishes. Lots of appetizers and salads too. Assuming your companions like Vietnamese food, there will be something to please a wide variety of preferences.

On both visits, service has been efficient and welcoming.

Best of all, the food's been good! Those who ordered pho found it really flavorful. I've had a rice dish and a noodle dish and really liked both. Portions are big, food is well-presented. Super-affordable, too.

A great addition to the neighborhood!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

A neighborhood place with good Viet cuisine. Delicious soups, noodles, and rice dishes. Great service. Just a wonderful, friendly place to hang out.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stopped by today after a yoga class. The service was efficient but not necessarily warm. I ordered the #42 (vermicelli bowl) with chicken and an eggroll. When it arrived, the presentation was artistic and colorful. The veggies were fresh and the flavors were spot on with the combination of tanginess and sweet.