“Great pizza, good atmosphere and good service”
Review of Wiseguy Pizza

Wiseguy Pizza
Ranked #131 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I found this place as I was walking the city streets, doing some site seeing. What caught my attention was the smell of good pizza. If you're not looking for it, you might miss this small eatery.

Located on the corner of 3rd and H Street, they have seating available inside and (weather permitting) outside. Once inside, you find yourself in a simple pizza place. Decorated with a mixture of Italian decor, Italian singers and actors.

The menu is simple. You can order by the slice or by the whole pizza. If you have the time, I recommend a whole pizza since they make those to order. If not, your going to get a pizza made earlier and tossed in the oven to reheat. Combos are also available at reasonable prices (under $10).

The soda fountain is different. I have to admit, I've never heard of the "Boylan Bottling Company". This place offers: Black Cherry, Rootbeer, Cream, Cola and diet soda. They also have their lemonade as well. I sampled each one and found mixing the cola and a bit of cream tasted great together.

Whether your short with time, taking a break or just need you pizza fix, this is your place! 10-15 minute walk from the Capital building or from China Town.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My son and I were in DC for a conference and he wanted some good pizza. We checked out Trip advisor for a recommendation and found Wise Guys. The place is small but the atmosphere is nice. They serve pizza by the slice and whole pies. We opted for a pepperoni pizza with half double sausage and mushroom. It was really good. Plenty of toppings and the sausage had a nice spice to it. The best part was the crust. It was amazing. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am so thankful that this place opened up in our neighbourhood. Glad to have a great pizza place where I can get NY style pizza by the slice. Great place to just walk by with the dog and get a little snack.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been here a few times, it is always slightly greasy and too much cheese! Great service and the prices are cheap!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place has the best pizza I have found in Washington DC and as you can probably tell from my review, I go there often. They are open very late and regardless of what time I go to Wise Guys, there are always people buying pizza. I appreciate that the manager (who is very friendly) decorated the establishment himself and that there is not a Wise Guys franchise. They make their own mozzarella and you can top your slice with an actual block of Parmesan cheese- not the fake powdery stuff. My favorite slice is called the "Grandma pizza" and it is a deep crust pizza that apparently takes hours to make as the dough is created in house. The garlic knots are to die for- a side order comes with three. The desserts are not all made by Wise Guys but they are delicious nonetheless; my favorite is the cannoli. I highly recommend trying this place.