“Very Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
Ranked #55 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was convenient and walking distance to several location attractions. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The views were nothing to brag about, but we were not in the room for very long anyway so it didn't really matter.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleam842
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Ashlea,

Thank you for your review of the Coutyard Foggy Bottom. I am happy to hear that our staff and accomodations helped you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay! Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again on future travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This Courtyard was in a very convenient location; easy walk to Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam wall, White House. It was in a safe neighborhood with a CVS and Dunkin Doughnuts within a block. The rooms were actually a decent size; other reviews said how small they were but we had a family of 4 (kids ages 20 and 22) and had plenty of room. Our first night we had problems with our keys not working; the staff quickly gave us free breakfast for the next morning even though we were in for the night. Most of the staff was helpful; our first night we had to ask twice for more towels. We asked for restaurant recommendations and we were given a list of close places which I think should be given at check in but was very helpful. We would stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Kim B

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Foggy Bottom. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with comfortable accomodations for your stay and that youenjoyed our prime location. I do apologize that your towel request was not honored in a timely manner, and will address this with our team. Please know that this is not a typical occuance and accept my apologies. We do hope that if you are in the area again that we can have you as our guest, and thank you for staying with us!

Safe and happy travels!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a really nice property in walking distance to the national mall and many attractions. the staff at the front desk, especially Willis, were helpful and friendly.
My only complaint - had to call each morning to have more regular coffee packets brought to the room because they only left 1 each day - not enough. also, the coffee in the room may very well be the weakest coffee I have ever tasted.
so, enjoy, but get coffee elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rochestertraveller

Thank you for your review of our property, I am so happy to hear that our front desk staff and especially Willis were able to take good care of you during your stay. We receive many comments on his amazing customer service skills and care for our guests, and I will pass your comments along to him and the team! I do apologize that the in-room coffe was unsatisfactory, and that you were not provided enough. If you happen to stay at our peoperty in the future please feel free to request additional coffee in the room during your reservation, and we will make sure it is provided to you. We also proudly serve Starbucks coffe 24 hours a day in our Bistro. Thank you again for staying with us, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

What can I say this is hotel is awesome especial Julie she works at the front desk and she goes above and beyond!!! we got Tickets for the big bus tour and also she made sure we got in the Founding Farmers restaurant.

1  Thank johnJ5290NL
David C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Washington DC/Foggy Bottom. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our great location, close to a lot of the key main attractions and restaurants. I am excited by the fact that our staff had an impact on your stay. I will be sharing this great information with our staff and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is convenient to Department of State and George Washington University. Plenty of places to eat within a short walk, a CVS a block away, and Dunkin Donuts for a quick easy breakfast. Staff't really didn't go out of their way ... when I tried to buy a bottle of water from the lobby, the person on the desk said we're out, never offered any apology (it's the middle of summer in DC' .. don't you think guests would want water ?) Along those lines, I was disappointed that I didn't get any water, etc as an arrival gift (as a gold member that is somewhat the norm across the country in other Marriotts). A very good location near the mall. . Bottom line = average.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BGouker
David C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I want to first apologize for your experience, and I can assure you that this is not a typical experience in regards to the amenities we offer. I do thank you for your feedback, as I will be using it as a coaching and training opportunity. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and I do hope that if your travels bring you to the Washington DC area again, you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The Foggy Bottom Courtyard is just okay. Nice clean rooms, but small. AC seemed to run too warm. Excellent location makes up for what you lack in the room. Walking distance to mall, White House and Lincoln Memorial.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy our prime location to explore this beautiful city. We do hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Washington DC in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Conveniently located, within walking distance of the mall and museums. Staff was welcoming, Willis at front desk and Nancy at bistro were very warm, friendly, helpful and professional. Room was a decent size with pleasant decor. We had a great stay!

1  Thank Robert I

Thank you for your very kind review of our property, I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of our great location! Our guests are our top priority, so it is wonderful to hear that our staff was able to make your visit that much more enjoyable.

Thank you again for staying with us! Wishing you safe and happy future travels!