“Great location, very friendly staff!”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is a great location and convenient if you like to walk and close to the metro if you prefer that option. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Washington DC/Foggy Bottom. I am so happy to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our prime location! Our staff work very hard to ensure an enjoyable experience for all of our guests, and I will share your review with them.

We do hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location is superb, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is nice, clean and well-appointed, although the closet space is rather tight for a seven-day stay. The safes are in the bottoms of the closets, so you'll have to get down on your hands and knees to use them, and the free WiFi only gives 1.55 mbps...not much better than dial-up. For 5$ per day, I could get "3 times" that speed...which would put it up in DSL range...pretty poor for this day & age.
Other than that, it seems like a great place.

1  Thank Archmac

Dear Archmac,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Foggy Bottom, I am happy to hear that our new guestrooms provided a comfortable stay. I do appreciate you feedback on areas of improvement for the rooms, and I apologize for the internet speed not meeting your needs during your stay. I do hope that if you are in the area again, we have the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great gym for the size of this. Lobby/bar area needs work. Understaffed. Out of soft drinks completely and only one person serving a large crowd at the bar. The new food setup at Courtyard is a failure.

Room terribly overpriced. 350 for one night

1  Thank Midnightdiner

Dear MidnightDiner,

I want to thank you for your review and feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fitness center. I do apologize for your experience in our Bistro, while we are a very busy location, it is not typical that we run out of items and I will surely use your feedback as a training opportunity for our team. I do hope that if you are in the Washington DC are a in teh future, you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again, and wishing you safe and happy travels.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here last summer on the way back from a trip to VA, and it couldn't have worked out better. The hotel is conveniently located, with a bike rental rack across the street, and walking distance to the National Mall. Nice staff, and a great setup off the lobby with many food options. It worked out so well, we are planning on doing the same stopover again, and look forward to being back there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Travelin'NE

I want to thank you for your review of our property, and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our prime location and dedicated staff. We take great pride in ensuring a relaxing and enjoyable experience for our guests. I will be passing along your kind words to our entire team. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Safe and happy travels!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Disclaimer: I booked last minute, so that affected the room price. This is a very nice Courtyard, with a generally very friendly and excellent staff. The bed was a little hard for my tastes, but still comfortable enough for sleep. I did not park a car. It's about a 10 minute walk from Metro stations, though a 20-30 minute walk to most of the museums on the National Mall. It was very convenient to my work (near the Metro stations), which is why I stayed here (particularly since it was what was halfway reasonably priced at last-minute).

1  Thank Kim S
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Kim,

I am happy to hear that our staff and location were able to make your business stay with us both productive and enjoyable. I greatly appreciate your review and feedback and will be passing it along to the rest of our team. We do hope to see you again, if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area.

Thank you again, and safe and happy travels!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stay here about once a month for business travel and am never disappointed.

Location: A few blocks from the National Mall. Very safe area. Walking distance from many things. About a $20 cab ride from Reagan.

Parking: I have never parked a car here, but there is an onsite garage.

Rooms: Newly updated, always clean. Standard Courtyard finishes. Definitely request a high room if possible.

Check In/Staff: Check in is always quick, staff is always very welcoming and helpful.

I will continue to stay here for my business travel. Good location, great staff, updated rooms, good price.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelbugs1234

Thank you for your review of our property, and your continued loyalty as our guest! I am always happy to hear when our staff, location, and amenities make travel productive and enjoyable at the same time. I look forward to seeing you on future visits, and please feel free to reach out to me or any of our staff so we can continue to make your stays pleasureable

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Washington and they were the best 4 nights I have stayed at a hotel. My mother and I spent 4 nights here and wanted to be near my sister at George Washington University. The foggy bottom district is the best place to be. It is only a few blocks from The White House, Washington Monument, and the National Mall. It is also only a few blocks from the Metro station. It is near the GWU campus which makes for little street noise even though you are in the heart of D.C. it was only a 20 minute walk to Georgetown, but I would recommend riding bikes there for only 10 minutes. The front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful and kind. Willie and Julie were especially helpful and friendly. The hotel seemed brand new and very modern with contemporary furniture and comfy bedding. Very clean as usual!

There was a bike rental place right across the street called Capitol BikeShare. I would highly recommend using this service if you want to see the sights in an efficient and tireless way. There are stations all over DC where you can lock in your bike and pick it up anytime for free. Only 7 bucks per bike for a day!

Overall, our trip was very successful. We saw everything we wanted and more! I have traveled all over the world and I have to suggest this hotel if you want a great DC visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Holman B

Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Wahington DC/Foggy Bottom. I love to hear when guests are able to take advantage of our excellent location and see the many sights that Washington DC has to offer. I will be passing along your kind feedback to our guest service agents, as they work very hard to ensure each of our guests has a comfortable, productive and enjoyable stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on future visits to the Washington DC/ GWU area.

Wishing you safe and happy future travels!