“Great location for visiting GWU”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
Ranked #52 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I travel a lot now for business and I rarely have such a good experience that I am willing to give a hotel five stars, but in this case, the Courtyard Marriott Foggy Bottom really delivered.

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago so I wouldn't be late to an early morning meeting on the GW campus. It was a great idea to do that, because I was able to walk to my meeting in just a few minutes and not have to battle traffic coming into the city. The hotel is in a fantastic location.

One of my pet peeves when traveling is dealing with noise from the street as well as noise from elevators and hallways. For my stay here, I couldn't hear anything whatsoever - the room was whisper-quiet. I was able to get a great night's sleep.

The icing on all of this was a staff who went out of their way to help me. I left something in the room after I checked out, and they kept it for me for two weeks until I could get back there to pick up. Huge kudos to both the housekeeping and the front desk staff for doing this.

My bottom line is that this is definitely an exceptional property. I have no qualms about recommending this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Carla B, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and also for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We certainly read and appreciate all of the feedback we get and to have read about your stay was wonderful.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Foggy Bottom Courtyard was clean. Staff was friendly. We chose this hotel because it had 2 queen beds instead of double beds and didn't look too far away from attractions on the map. The view was nothing to write about. We had to walk a lot to get to any tourist attractions but we didn't mind. It would have been tough with small kids. Nothing within the block was open on the weekend because we were in the business district. (Including Dunkin Donuts!)
I would suggest staying closer to the capitol if you are in DC to tour like we were.
On the positive side, we didn't gain any weight on the trip because we walked it all off!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martha S
Devin D, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard Foggy Bottom. I am happy to hear that you and you family enjoyed your time in DC and that you were pleased with our hotel and our staff. The city of DC is certainly a walking city if you are here to take in the attractions. In the future if you choose to stay at our property again, I would encourage you to take advantage of the Bike Share station located directly accross the street. This is a great, cost effective alternative to walking or having to drive, and park your car through out the city.

Again I appreciate you taking the time to share you comments about the Courtyard Foggy Bottom. I hope that when traveling in the future Marriott will be your hotel of choice.

Devin

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here with my family (2 adults, 2 kids) over Christmas break. Rooms were very clean and nice. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to the Lincoln memorial but a little bit of a walk to the main mall (mostly if it is cold). Only downside is that there are really no restaurants nearby (a few are less than 0.5 mile). Restaurant at hotel was really overpriced. Would definitely stay there again, especially for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Revisovi

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were here visiting Washington DC and George Washington University. This location is right on campus and walking distance to the White House, the Mall etc. Great location. The room was spacious, clean and we were able to get Starbucks Coffee right at the bar in the lobby. There is a Subway and a Starbucks right around the corner as well and many restaurants walking distance. The staff was courteous and helpful. There is a daily fee to park your car.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IAmAdventurous
Carla B, Owner at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and for letting us knows about your experience!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Front desk was very knowledgeable and accommodative. Our room was ready super early. The hotel is in a great location near the mall.
The room was very clean and modern. Highly recommend. Valet parking is only option but typical in DC. Free wifi is also a plus

• Stayed: January 2014
Carla B, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you for your kind words and we would be delighted to host you and your family anytime you are visiting your son. It appears you were able to experience a good amount of the amenities we offer and we are so happy that you found them to be beneficial. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to DC.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at this property before when it was a Doubletree, significant upgrades to room, service and benefits. Greeted warmly every time we came through the front door and all our needs were met. The breakfast and evening reception are great and satisfying. The room upgrades with the full kitchen are great. Two blocks to the Metro and three blocks to Whole Foods provides for easy transportation and great food shopping.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have same layout, higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Carla B, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2016

Thank you again and we hope to have another opportunity for you to be our guest and to feel the quality service and accommodations that we provide.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for our group of 7 and everyone was happy with my selection. The hotel is only 9 months old and it looks great. The hotel location is good if you like to walk. It is about a 10 minute walk to the White House and the mall. The staff was friendly. They only have valet parking and it isn't cheap. There is a Starbucks, Subway and Dunkin Donuts right outside the front door but there are not a lot of sit down restaurants close by. We walked to M Street in Georgetown and it was about a 1.5 mile walk. We did not take the Metro but it looks like it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk. I will definitely stay here again. I love staying at new hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MomK123

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We hope to see you again soon!