“Great stay”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had a great stay at the Courtyard. The service was friendly, and the concierge was very helpful and warm. Even after we checked out, the concierge made a balloon animal for my son while we were waiting for our car. The valet service was very patient and understanding. The room was very well organized.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HFY_13
Carla B, Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and for letting us knows about your experience!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

There was nothing all that wrong with the hotel and the location was good for what I needed to do on business, but the first morning there I had maid service and after they were gone, the library book I had brought with me was gone. I declined service the rest of the stay and notified management but the book did not turn up. Very disappointing (and expensive to buy a hardcover book from the library) so I will be looking for other accommodations on future trips to D.C. If others choose to stay here I would decline housekeeping and your stay will be fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Carla B, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

I am sorry that we failed you in some aspects but I am very appreciative of the candid feedback so we may focus and improve. Thank you very much being with us and for letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I made a trip to D.C. on the spur of the moment, and called this hotel from the Reagan airport. The taxi ride to the hotel was short, around 10 minutes. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. My first thought--"was this newly renovated?" There was no "hotel smell" at all. The bathroom decor was pretty. The following morning, I had breakfast downstairs. The two women running the breakfast area were so pleasant. I would definitely come back here again. This is an excellent hotel for GWU parents.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Carla B, Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2015

It was so nice to read your comments about your recent stay; thank you very much. We truly appreciate that you were with us for this special visit to D.C. and so thankful you took the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had tickets to the national Christmas tree lighting, and so wanted to get a hotel room that wouldn't be too far a walk afterwards. This fit that bill, and did it in style! We stayed in a suite, which was quite large. It was very nicely decorated and comfortable. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready, but they helpfully held our luggage until we returned from the ceremony. The valet parking was expensive, but we knew about it ahead of time and chose it anyway, so that wasn't a big deal. The bed was wonderfully comfortable...I could have stayed in there forever! Our view was nothing to brag about, simply facing another building.

When we came back from the ceremony, wet and tired after sitting in the rain, we were hungry. None of us felt like getting dressed in any dry clothes except pajamas, so I talked to a lady at the Bistro, the restaurant in the hotel, and she was amazingly helpful. Though they don't offer room service, she allowed me to order our meal and then called up to our room when it was ready so we could pick it up and eat in our room. She was truly just so nice and friendly. I wish I had gotten her name so that I could write the hotel and compliment her. Whichever employee was working at around 6:30 pm at the Bistro on the night of the 6th is really an asset to your hotel! :) In any case, the food was good. Since we had booked a package that included breakfast, we also ate there in the morning. It was fun to sit in a booth that had a private tv; my kids got a kick out of that! Breakfast was good and filling.

The pool was very small, but the kids got some energy out and had fun, so that was what mattered to us. It would have been nice to see a hot tub, but really, in downtown DC it was nice just to have an indoor pool! It was nice and warm in the pool area, which is always nice.

As far as location, this might not be the best for general sightseeing. It's only a few blocks from the White House, but for going up and down the Mall might be a little far. Visiting GWU, it's probably perfect. It suited our needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iowakrb
Carla B, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2016

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellently located hotel with reasonable sized-rooms. The hotel is small and maybe a bit cramped but the fresh interior spaces that were clean and well-appointed overshadowed the smallness of the rooms. There is a Starbuck's 100 yds from the front door and the Washington Mall starts just a short 5-10 mintute walk from the hotel. Breakfast was not great and somewhat expensive. I am not sure I spend my time or money ther if I stayed there again. For families visiting the area to see GWU, this was a great option at a reasonable price. Front desk people were helpful, but the valet was a little rude and not very responsive to getting your car.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sandy s

It's great to hear that you enjoyed another stay with us and we hope to have you back many more times! Our convenient location to GWU makes our hotel the premier location when visiting the area. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This Courtyard Marriott opened 7 months ago and is awesome. The location I'd perfect, within walking distance or short metro to all DC sights and in the heart of George Washington University. The rooms are perfectly designed, plenty of outlets in all the right places, free wi fi , and most rooms have balconies! The rooms are very quiet. The staff is extremely welcoming and helpful, and always available. Checking in and out a breeze. Competitive rates. This is now my #1 choice every time I return to DC.

Room Tip: Request a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank ReneeHB

Thank you very much being with us and for letting us know about your experience. A clean and comfortable room combined with a great location is what many of our guests want and we are more then happy to deliver on those expectations.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice hotel, very clean, nice size rooms and convenient parking. It’s walking distance to GW Campus but a much longer walk to the museums and other main site seeing. No one to help with luggage, so if you have a lot, it may be a pain. The only other comment is if you looking for views of Washington outside your window, you won’t find it here. All and all it was fine for the overnight trip.

Room Tip: No one to help with luggage so if you have a lot it can be a pain. Not right in the middle of the ci...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family