“Loved the experience”
Review of Howard Theatre

Howard Theatre
Ranked #162 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went here over Valentine's Weekend to see Kenny Lattimore. Wow! There really is no bad seat in the house. We got there early anticipating a large crowd, but were in our seats within 10 minutes of arriving to stand in line. The only downside is that they definitely try to pack as many people into this place as possible especially down in the orchestra seating area.

The sound quality was excellent and the lighting was great. Food was actually not bad and the staff was very attentive throughout the entire night. I can't wait for the next show at the Howard Theater.

1  Thank TruBluSigma
There are newer reviews for Howard Theatre

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Saw Kenny Lattimore perform at the Howard. Abslutely loved the show. Not just KL's performance, but the acoustics and new layout of the theatre. A great place for dinner and a show. Great sound and lighting. Not a bad seat in the house!

1  Thank Martin T
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I purchased two tickets for my sister-in-law for Christmas. When purchasing the tickets I assumed like the Birchmere in Alexandria that they would not sell more tickets than they have seats for guests and those who were standing were doing so by choice. This was not the case for a very popular concert in January. They could not even get to the reserved parking space that I had paid for, nor were they able to fight their way throught to get food or see part of the stage. The venue is awesome as I understand it if you get there early, early, early, but with the nation's worst traffic, and working a real job,living outside the city, this is next to impossible. My money would have been better spent elsewhere. I hope this improves, but for now it's a thumbs down. The price is not cheap and they left for lack of seats.

1  Thank mwallace79
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an awesome venue for shows/concerts/ etc. I would give it a 5 rating based just on the show experience. However, they need to make improvements on the restaurant side. I had no complaints about my food initially. I played it safe with deviled eggs and the spinach dip and both were tasty and priced well. However, when I asked for more pita bread for the dip, it took over 40 minutes to get that and then the bread was rock hard and not edible. I also asked for more water and that never arrived. My friend's food was not very tasty (she said her chicken tasted rubbery, like it had been reheated rather than freshly cooked, but that wasn't the worst of her experience. When she made it through the stack of fries on her plate, we discovered the order slip was LEFT ON THE PLATE and served to her with her food (see pic.) They MUST make improvements if this is to be the upscale venue they wish it to be.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The renovated Howard Theater is a beautiful venue, however the seating is too cramped. I understand it's cabaret style,but there is barely enough room on the table for you to eat and drink your food comfortably.

The service was quick.