“best food truck I have visited”

Red Hook Lobster Pound
Ranked #1,016 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reston, Virginia
“best food truck I have visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My favorite food truck. It visits my neighborhood (I work at home) about once every 10 days.

Yep, they have lobster rolls. Awesome lobster rolls. 2 kinds: Connecticut style and Massachusetts style. Connecticut style is lobster and butter sauce. Massachusetts style is lobster and mayo.

When the weather is cooler, they offer clam chowder. It is exceptional, although usually too hot. No matter. I get my food, go home, open the soup lid, eat the lobbie roll, and then the chowdah is great.

A couple of things to avoid, IMO. I tried the lobster BLT one time. Never again. Also I have gotten the meal deals but find the quality and value subpar. For an extra $2 you get a skimpy bag of chip and a fountain drink. They advertise Cape Cod chips but often substitute Utz. Of course you can ask while placing your order if you prefer Cape Cod (as I do). The fountain drinks are just strange tasting. I have ordered them two times. Some kind of funky metallic taste. Interesting flavors though, like Mexican cola and Blueberry.

Yum!

Visited May 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Can't believe food truck food could be this good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I was in DC on business and a colleague told me about this truck that had fresh lobster delivered every day. I looked on line and found that the truck would be only a few blocks from me the next day! I got there before the noon rush and was very glad I did! I asked about their chowder and was offered a sample....delicious! I ordered the lobster roll and chowder combo, which also came with a drink. It was all so fresh and tasty! I will definite look for their truck the next time I am in DC!

“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great locator app to find the trucks quickly and they were always located in convenient locations. Food was expensive for lunch, $20 for roll, chips and soda combo. Everyone should have a food truck experience in DC it's unique!

Visited April 2014
“Catch it if you can!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Simple review, Best lobster rolls in D.C, even over Hanks roll! Hard part, finding the truck, it moves around the D.C. area and might not be on a path you want to take. Be adventurous and take it, I say! Drive to Bethesda or Arlington if necessary! These tasty treats are totally worth badgering your man into making a trek, to a parking lot in Northwest lets say, for an orgasmic feast!

va
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had been to DC several times, and never seemed to be able to try this truck. This last time, I made it a point. Totally worth it.

My husband and I both tried the Maine lobster, it was great, buttery bun, loads of lobster. It was divine! Like all lobster rolls, they are on the small side, so we went back for more! We then split the Connecticut roll. This is where it is at. I was in heaven. It was truly enjoyable.

Visited October 2013