“Beautiful building”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful building”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The theater has a great history and is very ornate. The theater is large on the inside and not the greatest acoustics but the jazz concert the wife and I went to was not hampered by this. Convenient parking in garages nearby.

Visited January 2014

University Park, Maryland
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Worth it no matter who is playing”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This old theater is just spectacular. The chandeliers are amazing. This us the way all theaters should look. If you are visiting DC check the schedule and try to book a performance, you won't be sorry.

Saint John, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Some perks aren't worth it, some are, you decide”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had a great time at the Warner today! Loved the show, loved the beautiful old theater. Paid $60.00 ($30 pp) upgrade for the VIP package. It included parking (without package would have cost $10.00 on a Saturday) and 1 drink each (drinks would have been $11 and $13) - with package $60; without package $34.00. Although the website states parking pass will be mailed 2 weeks before show, they never came. We had to make an additional stop and pick up parking pass, VIP lanyard and drink coupon before we parked the car (a bit of an irritant for "VIP" service). We arrived 1.5 hours before show and the door directly from parking lot into theater was still closed. The door opens 1 hour before show, no earlier. You must walk outside to get into theater earlier than 1 hour. We then upgraded to the grand suite $50.00 ($25.00 pp). Seats were larger, included bar service (don't forget to tip) great view, and as a bonus we each received a free drink coupon. I am not sure if the drink coupon is a normal part of the program. Very light snacks are available for purchase. The staff was friendly and helpful. Now that I know what to expect I would return to this theater.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank wetravel4u
Hagerstown, md
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice Theater”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

First time there, and seen Brian Setzer's Christmas show, parking directly across the street, the therater is very nice ,the lobby is a little small for people to hang around until the let you take your seats, we upgraded our seats to the balcony area, which had a end table, and wait staff that brought drinks and food. hope to go back to another show...

Visited December 2013
Vienna, Virginia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“I need to go more often”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been living in DC for a while now and I've never been in this amazing theatre. I went to see hall and oates and it was a great show. The detail you see in the main hall is simply breath taking, and they make it a very social area to be in. You have two bars (lower level and main level), plenty of ventilation incase you dress up, and just a great classy place to see a show. It's not far from the metro center station so metro can be a good option.

I got to see one of my favorite bands ever in this establishment, and the acoustics were simply amazing. From what I read this building has been up since the 1920's and the attention to detail shows. The seats were a little uncomfortable but I had my wallet in my back pocket. I would recommend getting a seat in the end of the row. It's just easier to get out of the show if something comes up.

Chef Geoff is also right across the street which can be dangerous in a good way. The pictures I included give you an idea of the main hall during a show. It doesn't do the warner theatre justice.

Visited October 2013