“Unexpected Find”

Flippin Pizza
Ranked #542 of 3,367 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 27, 2013

When traveling, I make it a point to avoid chain restaurants. I happened upon this little local place during lunch break from a nearby conference at the Washington Hilton. The price - 2 slices plus a drink for $6 - caught my eye, especially considering the high food prices in D.C. Had two LARGE slices - one Buffalo Chicken and one Whitestone with ricotta cheese, basil and garlic - both of which were really good. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent a week in DC, staying at the Washington Hilton. This place was really close by, and they had a standing special of 2 slices of pizza and a fountain drink (or bottled water) for $6. Vacations get expensive, so that price was too good to pass up.

This wound up being my only repeat meal during the whole week, not just for the cheap prices but also because the pizza was yummy! My favorite wound up being the Buffalo Chicken, but Whitestone and good ol' reliable cheese didn't disappoint either. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at Hilton and walked down street to find something to eat. Found this little pizza place.

It was clear this was a local favorite as locals were in and out getting pizza.

They sell by the slice. The pizza was so good. Thin and cheesy.

I wish I was close by!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

At these prices, we went in skeptical, but we were pleasantly surprised! We had slices from a variety of pizzas and we liked them all! Excellent choice for a quick and casual lunch.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our pizza was good but needed MANY more toppings. Was the largest pizza they offer and could almost have been described as a cheese pizza as the toppings were so sparse. The staff was very pleasant and eager but when we got back to the room and saw the pizza wished we'd known to ask them to be generous, or to have requested extra/double. Now we know.