“Tour Guide was Great!”

and up
Haunted DC Walking Tour on Capitol Hill
Ranked #66 of 142 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Scary DC is the premier ghost tour in Washington DC. Scary DC focuses on historically accurate, engaging, and scary tours. Popular haunts include the Capital Hill Ghost Tour and The Haunted White House.
Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tour Guide was Great!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Our tour guide was very good. He stayed in character and his accent and use of the vernacular of his characters lifetime was excellent. Although it really is more of a history tour, it was enjoyable and interesting. Our tour guide was well versed and told the stories in a very clever way.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Lisa B

Bealeton, Virginia
“History as well as scary!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our "ghost" was excellent. Came in period costume, stayed in character the whole time. I have lived here my whole life (63 yrs) and he shared things I had never heard. My husband gave it as a birthday gift and it was one of the best. I definitely would go again. Forgotten how beautiful DC is at night. We went on April 11 and "Samuel Chase" was our guide.

Visited April 2014
Rockville, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ghost Tour I've Ever Done”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I'm amazed at the poor reviews I've seen. Chris Robbins was amazing in his wardrobe and 18th century English as Samuel Chase, which lent an air of authenticity to his presentation. Maybe a candlelit lantern would add a spooky effect? The weather was lovely, and strolling the grounds of the Capitol at night (which I wouldn't dare do by myself) was a treat. I look forward to more tours from ScaryDC. Thank you!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ASLBPGal
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“fun - interesting - good exercise”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

our tour guide chris was awesome!
something different to do.
stories were cool.
hopefully the next one will be lil more scary though lol

Visited March 2014
Bowie, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Tour Given by Animated Guide”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I bought a ticket for the tour through Groupon - $12. I was running late and knew I won't make the start time but figured I'd give it a shot and try and call the company to see if they could tell me where group was at to meetup. I called when I got to the subway to head to DC. They answered the phone (wow - straight to a live person!) and said to call when I got off at my stop. Called back and again a live person answered. I was just expecting him to tell me the general area where the group should be. Not only did he tell me where the group should be at he stayed on the phone until I caught up with the group! He said he wanted to make sure I made it! That's customer service especially with a 50% off Groupon ticket.
The tour guide was great and very animated and in character. They limit the size of the group which is nice because everyone could keep up and hear the guide. While I didn't see any ghosts :) I enjoyed the tour. I would highly recommend this tour company!

Visited November 2013