“Put this on your "to-do" list!”
Review of Nightly Spirits

Nightly Spirits
Ranked #4 of 181 Nightlife in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nightly Spirits Historic Haunted Pub Tours take a look at some of the most haunted places in D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, while allowing time to really enjoy the "spirits" along the way. Our tours stop at 3-4 different famous pubs/bars and give you a look into their haunted and historic past. Come try us out, this isn't your ordinary ghost tour and we are confident that you will love our costumed tour guides. All of our tours depart at 8:30 PM from locations near the White House and Old Town Alexandria.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a great start to my long weekend in DC! My friend, who is a DC native, got tickets for the White House Pub tour. We stopped at 4 bars and heard stories of ghosts, hauntings, as well as general history, which was really interesting. Jared, our guide, was extremely passionate about what he does and very down to earth. The next time I'm out in DC, I will definitely check out the Capitol Hill Dive Bar tour!

Things to keep in mind: This is a walking tour, so ditch the "cute" shoes unless you want your feet to be torn up. Because these bars are a bit higher end, it is very apparent you are on a tour; you won't "blend in" and you will lighten your wallet quickly. Don't let either of those things keep you from going- totally worth it!

1  Thank WanderJunkie
"fun activity"
"walking tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took my fiance on the White House tour for her birthday. The tour was excellent, only reason this gets 4 instead of a 5 was that our tour guide was a little hungover from the night before and we weren't able to buy him drinks to make the tour last a little longer and more stories! We'll definately be back to try the capital dive bar tour next time.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our kids gave us tickets for this tour to occupy our first night in town. There seemed to be a lot of e-mails flying back and forth between them and the company, but we only got one that said Nightly Spirits was sending a guide out that night. We had our first scare(really the ghost stories weren't that frightening) when we didn't find our guide or anyone else for the tour immediately. We thought perhaps they had cancelled for lack of participation. But the Nightly Spirits were good to their word. Mark found us and we had a private tour. He told us that they had a minimum participation rule, but had committed to us, so bent the rule. You have to appreciate that type of integrity. We concur with the other observations that it is a well designed, fun and fact filled tour. We didn't benefit from a happy hour price at the Occidental but never felt any pressure to buy a drink. Access to some of the real fancy places made the trip even more enjoyable. Mark is a personable storyteller and since we had his singular attention probably got a lot more than a more populated tour. Nevertheless, I'd bet he handles the larger groups so well each imndividual feels like we did.

2  Thank noblegl
Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I was in Washington I wanted to do something unique and a little off the cuff. The title of this tour caught my eye and so I signed up for it. I highly recommend this tour. I had an absolutely incredible time. Jared was our host. Jared was funny, extremely knowledeable, completely down to earth, and a blast to be around. The group all clicked right away and pretty much laughed the whole night long. Wonderful scenery, great bars, eye opening stories, and great company. What more could you ask for.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I grew up, and still live/work in/around DC, and I was looking for something fun and unique to do when we had a large group of family and friends in town. I came across the Nightly Spirits Pub Tour and figured we'd give it a try. It was a lot of fun. Mark, our tour guide, did a great job. He provided a good mix of history and ghost stories. We visited a number of places I had never been before. The size of our group probably slowed things down a bit, but we didn't mind because it gave us more time for the tour.

Whether you're visiting, or a DC native who wants to learn a little more about the city, I highly recommend this.