DC Lofty
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$184
$149
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$110
$97
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$179
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$143
$129
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$129
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$131
$110
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$324
$158
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdoor codenearest metrominute walkwalking distanceensuitecomputerssupermarketmallhostellingblockblindschinatown
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was there for 3 nights as part of a solo travelling trip around different places in the states.

First, the location is good, but not great. It's takes about a 7-minute walk to the metro station, and from there, about 4 minutes to the National Mall. 15-minute walk to Chinatown and Gallery Place.

The hostel cleanliness is remarkable, and frankly speaking, I'm impressed that they disallowed shoes in the rooms and all, making it a much pleasant experience. My only problem is that my room is in the basement, right next to the window where at nights, the rowdy crowds may throng pass and disturb a good night's sleep. The floorboards creaked like crazy when someone is in the first floor common area.

For the cost, I would say that this hostel is worth visiting, but I will definitely explore other places before revisiting DC Lofty.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

They have advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are: (1) They are close to a subway station; (2) Staff are friendly; (3) Their rate is reasonable; and (4) Rooms are clean. The disadvantages are; (1) They have two buildings and one of them doesn't have a kitchen;(2) You must take off shoes in the buildings; (3) They have some house rules and if you break a rule, they may deduct $10 from your credit card; and (4) A lounge was not heated, so I had to wear a jacket there. I don't recommend this hostel to everyone, but it's OK for a budget traveller.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank misocutlet
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at DC Lofty in Oct 2012 with a friend for 5 nights. The living area with couches, a huge TV and computers (free for every guest) and the kitchen with a big stove, fridges and enough storage space were excellent. There was also a dishwasher, so you didn't have to do your own dishes after eating. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. For me, it was strange to see so many old(er) people staying at the hostel, while they're looking for a job in the city. We stayed in a 8 person dorm room in the basement. There were lockers but not much space to put your big suitcase, which was a bit inconvenient. The shower and toilet were down the hall but only one shower and one toilet for 8 people is not enough. And because we slept under the entrance, we heard everbody coming in. Also late at night. The location of the hostel is good but not perfect. It was approximately a 20 min walk to the Mall (the main site of Washington DC). There was a supermarket nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a dorm upstairs if you're a light sleeper and wake up easily by footsteps.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Renee Z
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at DC Lofty in early November. Things started on a poor note - I had emailed them to inform them of a change in my arrival date (from 10th to the 14th), but my credit card was still charged for the night of the 10th. Their booking system had not reflected the changes so our room was given to someone else.

the manager Roma was very understanding and amended the booking to give us the original double bed private room we booked.

be warned that this hostel does not have any elevators. There are three flights of narrow stairs, so if you're carrying heavy luggage you'll need some help.

the toilets are very clean, and that's a big plus point.

the hostel was also under renovation when we were there, so some of the common walkways were boarded up - this means that if you want to go to the kitchen, you have to go out the back door and into the other building from the outside. kitchen was also clean and facilities there were adequate.

the rooms are clean and comfortable even though the hostel feels old. i didn't like the location very much - it's a bit of a walk to get to the nearest Metro but there are plenty of convenience stores along the way if you need groceries or food.

overall i'd say the hostel is just okay, but your options for accommodation are limited if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was going to stay in duo hostel but they didnt accept cash only credit/debit cards.and i only had cash the duo hostel told me there was the loftyhostel just a couple of blocks away ,the lofty had a friendly enviroment .they had this particularly rule of taking off your shoes while you´re inside the hostel.to make it more friendly i believe.the place was clean and in my 2 night stay i can say it was a secure place to stay. staff was friendly but one of the girls called kendra was not that friendly.I had a problem with my documents i left my passport inside the airplane when i arrive to washington and I had to do some mandatory calls to the airline in order to leave dc and go straight to the airport and take my return flight to my hometown.,so after the 2nd night I was waiting for the airline to call me or email me and tell me if they´ve found the document but this person from the staff practically gave me a warning that I had to leave the lofty right away and even said that there was practically no rooms available that day,when actually there were around 6 beds available! (she even told me so at that precise moment)kendra was aware of my passport-situation i was going through. fortunately! another girl from the staff who was actually in charge told me that if i had to stay there and i needed to use the common areas there was no problem it all of course as long as i didnt use the rooms until i payed for another night .at the end the airline found my passport and i was able to leave the place (if I would not receive any information from the airline i would have pay for another night of course and keep waiting but not before i had some answer from the airline. kendra was not courteous.
the lofty hostel is a decent hostel,cheap and near the touristic area.(lincoln memorial,museums,capitolium,the whote house,etc..)also the metro station is near the hostel.so if youre looking for a cheap stay in dc not far away from the touristic zone this is an option .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo