“Great Stay”

Rosewood Washington, D.C.
Ranked #64 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great new hotel in DC - I love the roof top pool and the sleek rooms. The hotel has a great Bar and restaurant open to the public, but all of the other areas of the hotel are for guests only, which works well. They have a great roof deck with views over Georgetown and the Potomac, and a cool indoor/outdoor pool. The rooms have outlets everywhere, great linens, and gorgeous bathrooms - very attractive and user friendly.
It is a new hotel, so at times services took a little longer than I would have expected, but I think those teething issues will go away after a little time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 43Anon999
CapellaDC, Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Greetings 43Anon999,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your guest room and all the hotel's unique private and public accommodations. I do apologize for the lack of speedy service, but do be assured that we are working on improving this matter to make your experience even better the next time you stay with us. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Washington D.C.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This weekend i went to the new capella Georgetown .
I can't say enough good things about this hotel!
It's beautiful,rooms are amazing ,very luxe.
Staff was incredible , excellent service!
Terrific location

It's an amazing property I would recommend it to anyone looking for luxurious experience in DC.
Very European feeling!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 127travel

Good Afternoon 127travel,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your kind words and feedback are highly appreciated. I am thrilled to read that you had a memorable experience with great service and enjoyed all the luxury accommodations. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Capella is a great hotel for traveler looking for a hotel in a location with shops, restaurants, nightlife and access to the DC sights. From the minute I walked into the hotel to the time I checked out my stay was perfect. The staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel has a busy bar and a good restaurant.
A plus is the Roof top pool and bar only for guest.
Access to guest area is by key cards. When you enter what looks like a living room to check in to entering a well appionted room I was not disappointed
This is a must stay hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Greetings letstravel_13,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to read that our staff, location and accommodations were able to create the perfect experience for you. Your kind appraisal of our team is truly valued, and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are very much looking forward to your return to Georgetown's Capella Hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Truly an outstanding new hotel in DC. The rooms are sleek and luxurious with an amazing attention to detail. The roof top pool and bar is one of the coolest places in DC. The service was incredible. Everyone addresses you by name - they took me round to my blow out in the house car - checked in with me after I went to know if I liked their recommendation for a salon. (it was ;) My husband and I own a boutique hotel, Zero George in Charleston, so we truly appreciate how hard it is to create an environment that is as perfect as Capella.
Can not wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZeroGeorge
CapellaDC, Manager at Rosewood Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Good Afternoon ZeroGeorge,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown. I am thrilled to read that you enjoy the hotel's design, the staff's attention to detail and all the rooftop accommodations. I appreciate you taking the time to write such kind comments regarding our service team, especially coming from an amazing couple who own's their own boutique hotel. I as well cannot wait for your return and for our next opportunity to serve you and your husband when your travels next bring you to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The new Capella property could arguably be the most luxurious hotel in the United States (I would say world but I haven't ever traveled internationally). Luxury branded hotels have become diluted and this hotel belongs in a class all its own, "ultra-luxury". From the beginning each experience upon entry was better than any I had experienced at another property. Beginning with check-in with the attentive friendly staff, through introduction to my guestroom and acknowledgements throughout my stay. Having stayed most of the week I got to experience breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu selection is fresh, broad and priced very well, better than any other hotels of its kind in Washington D.C. The Rye Bar is a happening place and provided a great atmosphere for networking with my clients. The Penthouse offered outstanding fitness equipment, however the rooftop infinity pool and bar offer some of the best views in the city. For the readers who think they truly know a luxury hotel room, I would encourage you to stay at Capella and prepare yourself for an all new experience in a hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer great views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BossHog0113

Good Afternoon BossHog0113,

Thank you so much for your generous review and kind feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that we are able to create such a special and memorable experience for you. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your guest room during your week stay and that our team was able to graciously and efficiently assist you throughout your visit. Your loyalty and support are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back very soon to celebrate many more occasions when your travels next bring you to Washington D.C.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Walking in the doors of Capella Washington D.C. was remarkable. The attentiveness of the staff was immedaite; starting with the check-in, to the accomodations, to the private living room. The attention to detail and personal service were the best I have experienced at any hotel. The Grill Room was wonderful, the setting and cuisine fantastic. If you are looking for a quiet, private, luxurious hotel in Washingtonm, D.C, whether for business or pleasure, I would strongly recommend Capella.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul G

Greetings Paul G,

I wanted to take the time to thank you so much for your recent review of Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown on TripAdvisor. We are truly excited to read that you had such a pleasant and memorable time with us on your last visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoy our staff and Personal Assistants exceptional service and attention to detail. It is an honor to read that staying with us was the best experience you've ever experienced at any hotel. I wish you a wonderful summer and hope you can visit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having just checked out, I can only rave about this hotel. The Capella offers many quiet luxuries and personal touches that set it apart from larger, more public hotels. Perfectly chilled fresh fruit plate in-room at check-in; guest-only private living room for quiet meetings and conversations with colleagues; greeted by name by the majority of the staff; unbelievably good food at shockingly reasonable prices; unparallelled views from the rooftop bar/lounge; essentially luxury at every turn provided by kind and genuine people.

Room Tip: Views of the creak are beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beth Ann B

Good Afternoon Beth Ann B,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown. I am thrilled to read that you enjoy all the personal touches, guest room amenities, exclusivity, privacy, and the exceptional views from the rooftop bar, lounge and infinity pool. Your kind comments regarding our service team are very much appreciated. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Washington D.C.