“Wonderful food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our lunch! The 2 different chaat ld that we ordered was amazing. One chaat was uniquely made with flash friend spinach. It was so yummy. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. I ordered the ginger limeade which was refreshing and delicious after a hot day sight seeing. I wish we had this restaurant in South Carolina. I would go there all the time. The staff was friendly and helpful making suggestions of foods to order. So yummy. I hope you enjoy it.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Rasika is well known for having good food, so all I can say is that I agree. While I was expecting the prices than they were considering its reputation; however, especially considering the quality of the food the price was no worse than other Indian restaurants I have eaten at. We had one meat dish (chicken large pieces and moist)and one vegetarian, both were good. The spice level is more comparable to true Indian cooking, so if you use to the more tempered Americanized restaurants, you may want to ask about spice level if that matters to you. The food is very filling, so if you get naan and/or an appetizer along with your entree, you might not have room for dessert. I would recommend saving room for dessert, even if you have to share. The date and toffee pudding is excellent. Moist and delicious. Highly recommend.
We happened to be walking by and did not have reservations at about 6:00 on a Sunday and they were able to accommodate us outside. The weather was great so we actually were happy there was not room inside. The service was a bit hit or miss as we had several different servers throughout the meal, which can make service uneven (i.e. my water glass was empty for about 10 minutes as the "water server" was just standing around as if he only made checks on some odd schedule).

Reviewed August 26, 2016

We actually wanted to eat at Rasika but it was fully booked so went to the Rasika West End instead. We are British and love our curries and were amused to see chicken tikka masala described as the national dish of England.
My son had this dish he loved it; I tried a bit, delicious. I had the shrimp masala which was also delicious.
I loved the ambience of this restaurant, quite modern. Our meal was really good. Everyone was super friendly. If you love indian food this is definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank patriciabarton
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I have been trying to go to this restaurant for over 3 years and I finally made it. My daughter lives in DC and it has such a good reputation it is very hard to get reservations. The meal was wonderful, Chicken Tikka Masala was very good. We ordered 5 different items with 4 people and we were very satisfied. The atmosphere is very warm and it's easy to talk. The service was excellent and very they are helpful with ordering. If possible we will go back.

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

I love Indian food. And,I have a favorite spot in Maryland to get it, so naturally I was leery about trying a new Indian restaurant in D.C. Plus, there's a large abundance of them in Washington D.C. (not all them would probably serve good food). I was staying in Dupont Circle and searched for "Best Indian Restaurants." Well, Rasika West End was mentioned over and over again. I took a gamble and tried them. The Chicken Tikka Masala was soooo... delicious. It was by far way better than what I get at "my favorite" restaurant in Maryland. Not to mention, the atmosphere is upbeat, yet cool. If you're in Dupont Circle, please check out Rasika West End for your "Indian" food fix!