“Excellent food, terrible service.”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Ranked #49 of 3,441 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I was seated in the only spot left in the bar. I was ignored for 15 or 20 minutes, then, finally, the manager took my order. It was a challenge to ever get iced tea refilled. It would seem that service focuses upon the main dining area, and in the casual area, one is on his own. The food was very expensive, but good. The service was the worst I have had at any restaurant in years. I will never return.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Reserved this restaurant almost a month long in advance and everything was perfect -just perfect!!!From the palak chaat starter, lamb kebab in special curry sauce, grilled black cod cooked to perfect silkiness and juiciness, to a dessert of pudding with coconut "The culinary gods must have come down from heaven to bestow upon us mortals a taste of heaven in a plate"

Service was impeccable and overall ambiance was causal and yet with subtle elegance. Good drinks selection likewise. Must place to visit when in DC.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I've been to the main Raskia three times, and looked forward to checking out the West End sibling. I liked it very much! I was a bit surprised to find the dinner menu at lunchtime, expecting something a bit slimmed down in portion and expense. But I asked and was permitted to have the "pre-theater" special (well, it was before 6:30). The spinach dish was my favorite, as at the downtown version, and worth the visit all on its own. Our waitress could not have been better, and I enjoyed the sun coming in the big windows. Definitely plan to return.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a Hyatt, just across the street. And we seen reviews. Great dinner, even for my 8yr old. Palak Chaat - crispy spinach was so great, chicken tikka masala was good and naan is one of the best I tried.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Room has a great layout and booths in particular are fun. Can be noisy but is manageable and has very lively atmosphere. Appetizers are excellent and would recommend you almost do those and sides over main courses. Fried spinach, ahi tuna and shrimp appetizers are all terrific. Main courses very good and served with plenty of rice so pace yourself. Drink menu also very good.