“Absolutely amazing!”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,213 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I visited D.C. in March for the first time together with my dad. I had read about this restaurant, because it also offers a lot of vegetarian options and I am a vegetarian. Also, this restaurant is located straight across from the hotel where we were staying. We arrived in D.C. at the end of the afternoon and booked a table for later in the evening. The restaurant atmosphere is very modern and chic and very busy. Staff were all very friendly and helpful! We ordered the palak chaat to start with because of all the reviews I had read that were raving about this dish. Let me tell you, it is probably one of the best dishes that I have ever had in my life! And my dad absolutely loved it as well. I'm pretty sure we ended up ordering at least 2 extra orders to go with the rest of our food (which was also very good). I had the Kaminee cocktail, which was so nice with ginger and Pimms and went very well with all the food we had. If I ever visit D.C. again in the future, I will definitely come back at least once to enjoy some more of this amazing food!

• Visited March 2014

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“very good Indian food”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Rasika is a bit pricey, but the food is good and the atmosphere is pleasant. Attentive, professional service. A good place for a business lunch, one that I would happily pay a return visit. Parking in the area is hard to find, particularly in the middle of the day. But if you're staying at one of the hotels nearby, this is a place that you should seriously consider going to.

Olney, Maryland
“Wonderful Flavors-Gluten Free Haven”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Our first experience at Rasika was a very good one with impeccable service and superbly fresh food. Only one minor complaint: in both the Mango Shrimp and the Rockfish Aleppey Curry, the seafood was slightly overdone for our taste. Jonathan, our waiter, easily and confidently pointed out the gluten-free options for my Celiac wife, immediately putting us at ease. (There are many choices. For GF diners visiting DC, this would be a wonderful stop). When asked for advice a couple of times, his recommendations were spot-on: the unique crispy spinach dish Palak Chaat and the incredibly flavorful and perfectly prepared Tandoori Lamb Chops. Zoe, the knowledgeable and charming sommelier, chose a wonderful small winery Pinot Noir to complement the meal. (The wine list could have included a few more options that were less expensive. But on this particular night, we really didn't care). There was a vibrant but not overbearing buzz inside this clean, open restaurant. We sat outside along the sidewalk and people-watched, one of the great joys of living in this international city. A lovely evening.

McLean, Virginia
“Not Stellar”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Given all the accolades, not as stellar as expected. We did the pre-theater menu before going to the Kennedy Center. We had Achari Tikka and Malai Seekh Kebab appetizers, and Chicken Tikka Masala and Railway Lamb Curry as main courses. All were very good, but nothing outstanding. The best thing was an unexpectedly nice Chardonnay, Emphasis.

Roseville CA
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Best Indian food I've ever had and best service experienced at any restaurant. I'm not generally a fan of Indian food, but booked a table at this restaurant because my sister had said it was the best food she had experienced in DC. It does not disappoint.

Visited May 2014