“Indian Food with a twist”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Crofton, Maryland, United States
“Indian Food with a twist”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

For a Restaurant Week outing we went to this restaurant and it was fabulous. They offer Indian dishes that are prepared differently and judging by the crowd, they do it well. The dish that stands out is a spinach that is somehow fried, yet NOT battered. We passed it around and everyone gave it a thumbs up. The sampler I had was outstanding and gave a real good sense of what the kitchen can do. This restaurant is one of two and it deserves the highest marks. I understand their other restaurant, located near Chinatown, is equally as good. Since there were 6 of us, we tried everything and must say the fish, chicken, veggies and lamb were amazing. I met some folks from India, who now live in the DC area and frequent many different Indian restaurants and their view is that Rasika's is the best. That's the best endorsement possible.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food but terrible service.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It felt like we were in a fast food restaurant. Their focus was more on getting us to free up the table for the next group versus making our dining experience a pleasant one. Not knowing their time limit for dining, I guess we overstayed our welcome as we were interrupted in the middle of a conversation and asked to leave. No matter how good their food is claimed to be, their service and how they treated us was unforgivable.

1 Thank UC612
new york
“It was just okay, not sure why everyone raves about it . . .”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Food was okay, service was okay, prices a little high, restaurant was FREEZING, and we had to move tables. Would I go back? Maybe. But not high on my list.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank rover28
Afton, VA
“Very Good Food...Not So Gracious Service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I dined early on a Saturday night. The only reservation available on OpenTable was for 5:30 pm. We were greeted cooly and offered a mediocre table despite the restaurant being virtually empty. I should have asked to have been moved.

I have reasonable experience with Indian food, but I am certainly no expert. Our waiter, a young non-Indian who was clearly uninterested in his patrons, offered no help or explanation with regard to the menu. Some assistance was probably called for. In all, his taciturn approach did not help my opinion of the place. That, of course, could be an isolated incident.

The food is quite good. Yes, as everyone says, probably the best Indian you will ever experience. Still, it is not transcendent. Prices, however, seem relatively reasonable for the quality and the location (DC, that is). We shared 2 appetizers and 2 mains (without wine) for about $75 before tip. That's not cheap, but it's better than a lot I've experienced in Washington.

In all I would return. It is unique in terms of its level of execution with regard to its specific cuisine.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent, but better before”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The cod was spectacular as always, the lamb chops excellent, but the "signature" duck dish was not up to par. Also some dishes were served less than hot. Sommelier was very helpful and ambience is really top notch.