“Delicious and Innovative”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
“Delicious and Innovative”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was impressed with the food and the service at Rasika West End. The menu, while containing some classics of Indian Cuisine, is also populated by several very creative dishes. I decided to go out of my traditional "true and tested" zone and try the Avocado Banana Chaat, as an appetizer before the main dish (chicken tikka masala). This appetizer blew my socks off, for being truly amazing. Combining ingredients not normally used in Indian cuisine (avocado and banana) with cumin, tamarind, date chutney and chilli powder produced a delicious sweet/savory combination which I can only label as memorable. I highly recommend it to enyone visiting this restaurant. Even without having tried all the items in their menu, this Avocado Banana Chaat is surely one of its highlights. I will order it again next time.

1 Thank Jose I

springfield, mo
“Very good”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has a fun, hip atmosphere. The food was very good. Lots of good indian spices. We enjoyed all the dishes we tried. The portions are rather small so I recommend ordering several different things. It's also a bit pricey. But if you looking for good Indian food near the Georgetown, Foggy Bottom area, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mosrm
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Indian Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The menu here is super--some old-time favorites and some really innovative and delicious dishes. And Dante and bar tender is a fabulous drink-maker and host for an evening at the bar. I joined a friend there for dinner at the bar the other night, and I was truly impressed. I will go back--more than once.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Heminway
Churchton, Maryland
“INCREDIBLE incredible incredible”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had no idea there was so much nuance to Indian food! But now that I know, I will be back.
The flash fried spinach was other worldly. I can't even describe how delectable it was. There was a sweet potato in phyllo purse appetizer that was melt-in-your mouth awesome. I wish i could recall all the entree names to help point you to one. They were great. But the sea bass was another dish that went to the top ten all-time dishes I've ever had, right below the spinach. I've never really like dessert at Indian restaurants, but this place proved me wrong there, too. Cardamon ice cream -- spectacular. Go go go!

1 Thank janebeard
New York
“Pretty good, not the best”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our Yelp Review:

We were unable to get reservations at the other location so landed here. My wife's and my expectations were rather high after reading Rasika was ranked #2 of all of DC restaurants. Here's a breakdown:

Service = impeccable, friendly, unassuming

Food = Palak chat (fantastic), Galouti Kabab (pretty good flavor but very small portion), Chicken Tikka Masala (great although not the best I've ever had), Naan (perfectly cooked), Chicken Korma (the worst I've ever had, way too much cardamom, had to send it back).

Cocktails = Rasika (juat okay, my wife regretted she didn't get something different) Nandita (good, but not great)

Overall a fun, hip place with pretty good food and excellent service.

1 Thank NewYorkNewlyweds09