“Good but didn't blow my mind”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was expecting a lot more for what I had been told. It was pretty pricey and my appetizer wasn't very good (samosas were really bland and greasy). The nan was good and the spicy tofu had the right amount of spice.

There are newer reviews for Rasika West End

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have to say the original Rasika is my favorite restaurant in DC. I love Indian food, and they do a smashing job. I went to the new Rasika west end on Saturday night wit another couple. The appetizers were great but the main courses just didn't match up to the original Rasika sadly.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had been wanting to try Rasika for over a year, and finally made it just a few weeks ago (for lunch). Without having a long and unnecessarily drawn out review, I will simply say that their lunch menu was absolutely delicious! I ordered the chicken tikka masala, while my colleague ordered fish (forgot which kind), and we shared some naan and an amazing spinach appetizer (and neither of us are fans of spinach)!

Apparently it could be MONTHS before you can get a dinner reservation, and I hear that menu is even better. I would definitely recommend it to anyone for weekday lunch, as it wasn't crowded it all.

(Just a side note: It was quite difficult to find as there was (and probably still is to date of this review) a LOT of construction in front of the building. The restaurant sign is not very large, and it sits right next to the nearly-block-long Ritz-Carlton, which shares the exact same color scheme making the restaurant camouflage and virtually disappear next to its much larger neighbor).

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This restaurant to me was way over rated. The service was absolutely excellent and the place is real nice. But the food was bland and no better than a corner indian restaurant and less flavorful than many! Of the appertisers we ordered the only good one was the Palak Chaat, the other three really had little flavor: Tawa Baingan, Parsi Lamb Cutlet & Honey Ginger Scallops. We order 2 half entrees which were the Chicken Tikka Masala & Lamb Chettinad, in addition we ordered the Malai Palak and a couple of naans. As mentioned the food was really bland. In addition it arrived cold and too quickly, and when we complained they immediately replace all of it. As I said the service was great the food was not!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a surprise. On a street corner is this Indian restaurant which looks as an ordinary restaurant. But get inside and feel the welcoming athmosphere and taste the superb, well flavoured and well tasting indian food.
Superb service and absolutely fair prices.
Reservation advisable.