“Charmant”
Review of Le Grenier

Le Grenier
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Grenier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 3,748 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th St. NE
Transit: Union Station Metro Station (Red)
Description: Co-Owner Marie Z. is proud to offer an authentic, inspired French restaurant to diners from around the Washington, DC area. With Le Grenier, she's been able to achieve the dream of bringing phenomenal French food to the city. It's a family owned business, and Marie and company try to make sure that everybody who steps into Le Grenier is treated like part of the family.
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Cute, hip, great food. Very authentic, I lived in France for years and the menu brought back great memories and did not disappoint. And very thoughtful wine list!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed October 25, 2017

We took my 95 year old mother-in-law to this restaurant, and we were able to find (by getting somewhat creative) soft enough food for someone without teeth to eat. The food, even the soft stuff was excellent!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Staying in Noma for 2 weeks, there are very few decent restaurants in the area. I did an internet search and discovered this spot not too far away. In a charming area, the restaurant is authentic and intimate. I had brunch, which was nice. I would like to try the dinner should I come back to the area.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Le Grenier several times and I always have an excellent, authentically French meal. It is so wonderful to eat in a restaurant where the staff is well-informed of the food they are serving. However, after living in Europe for two years, the briskness of the service is a bit jarring. Le Grenier does a better job than most of not pushing one out the door, yet it still felt a little rushed to me.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I don't believe that we have had such a rude waiter in a long time. Yes, he may have been French but he was not a waiter. The French take the position of waiter very seriously. He was ok.
The food was ok, mostly all the same color and the same taste. The service was ok our food certainly was not presented it was plopped down. To give the benefit of an off night we would have to try it again but we won't as there are other restaurants to try.
A friendly attitude would have gone a long way. As stated - it was ok.