“Mediocre”

Ranked #6 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: // &pizza® is an anti-establishment establishment built on the renown of its creative pies and craft beverages, localized shop design, and the strength, unity and vibe of its living-wage-paid, ampersand-tattooed Tribe. WORK HARD, LIVE FAST, ORDER QUICK. TAKE THE CULTURE - &PIZZA- TO GO.
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've tried h &pizza. The 1st time wasn't great so I decided to give it another try. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed the 2nd time around either. There are a plethora of options and the staff was exquisite but even with the added oils the outstanding service does not outweigh how bland the pizza was. It wasnt the worst pizza I've ever had but I definitely don't plan on going back.

1  Thank Jay B

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to this place today with my co-workers and we loved it! They make the pizza right in front of you with fresh ingredients and pretty quick. The longest part was waiting in the line to make it because there was so many people there. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I really enjoyed it and totally recommend it at least once and it will hook you I can't wait to go again and try a different combo. It's a fun atmosphere and a place to just grab some pizza

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited here on a recommendation and were not disappointed. Fresh ingredients, pizza made in front of your eyes. Good variety of drinks and friendly staff. Good value, so much so that we visited twice in 5 days. Also plays good music.

1  Thank Ellen Taylor a
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good pizza but different. They make it front of you and its fresh ingredients. Be prepared for a wait.. This is a fan favorite so long lines. Good pizza and affordable.

1  Thank talley01
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A few weeks back, on a Friday night, my friends and I took to H Street for dinner. They've opened up a lot of interesting restaurants so we had a tough time choosing. We came across H &pizza. The line was out the door. We were starved and decided not to wait but before leaving I asked a patron why the line was so long and was the pizza "supposed" to be good. Her reply, "it's not 'supposed' to be good. It is good." After hearing that we vowed to go back at a less busier time.

We went back a week later on a Sunday afternoon. Great decision!! The line was fairly decent. The great thing about this place is that you can order whatever you want on your pizza, from cheese to shrimp, onions to arugula, tomato sauce to garlic puree, with no additional cost. Unlimited pizza toppings for $9 you cant beat that.

I was super excited about choosing a pizza that would be like a carnival in my mouth because prior to eating pizza on this day I had given it up for 3 weeks. Being the pizza fanatic that I am that was hard and I didnt want to be disappointed. However, oddly enough, despite the amazing reviews, I was. This pizza was good but it was not great. It did not satisfy my craving for a great pizza at all. Maybe if my standards weren't set so high I would have liked it more but it fell short. I ordered chicken, pepperoni, and spinach with their house-made mozzarella on traditional crust and tomato sauce. It didnt have much flavor or seasoning. It was a just a few notches above bland. I really wanted this to be my new favorite pizza spot but it didnt hit the mark. I'm going to try it out once more before I make my final decision but as of today I would say this pizza is not the best in DC.