“Very clean and roomy!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

robin131
Oregon
“Not what I expected.”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

After reading positive online reviews, I was disappointed in this rental. While the owner, Allen was very nice and accommodating the rental was dark and not as clean as you would expect considering the $100 cleaning fee.

You go down narrow concrete steps to a door that has been kicked in and poorly patched repaired. When I complained to Allen, he said it was a very safe neighborhood, so why did most of the buildings have bars on the windows? The three windows did not open and the light shafts(?) off the bedrooms were dark and filthy.

The kitchen had old worn Teflon frying pans without lids. No storage container or even plastic wrap or baggies. No measuring cups or spons.The condiments were most likely left by previous renters, many old and dated. The mustard had an expiration date of 2011. There were no paper plates and the only napkins were left in a drawer with take out packets. There were paper towels, but not even a box of tissues.The coffee maker was old and filthy. The toaster was full of crumbs. There were fingerprints on the IKEA cabinets.

I think they just had it fumigated as it smelled and we found bugs in various stages of dying. The rental upstairs accommodates up to 12 people so we constantly heard people, walking, kids running and floors squeaking which resulted in very little sleep.

While it is close to stores and restaurants, it took anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours to get downtown by bus and we wished we had stayed closer to downtown. It was right on the bus line which ran frequently except a few hours at night and contributed to the noise.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Two bedrooma and a kitchen
Liked least: Noise and lack of overall cleanliness.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Apr 28, 2016
I honestly do not know how to respond to this review from Robyn.
We have had many guests who stayed before her and so far 3 families who stayed after her and none of them has had such an experience.
It seems to me that she wasn't really vacationing here in DC and I feel sad about it and to be honest I don't think it was the apartment.
Please read the reviews and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Nebraska
Reviewed January 4, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing