“Family trip to our nation’s capital”
Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an authentic and in-depth DC experience? You’ve found it! DC Insider Tours is a boutique tour company founded and run by locals who know the dirt (or where to get it). We offer tours to suit every need: Private chauffeured tours • Electric bike tours (check out the video on our website!) • Walking tours • Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! Named "Best of" Washington 2017, and featured in Forbes, The Examiner, and Perth Now!
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Family trip to our nation’s capital”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a great part of our visit to DC! We are a family of 4. We have 8 year old and 11 year old daughters. Bo's enthusiasm for DC and all of the tidbits of history is more than you thought you would be able to absorb about DC history. Looking back I know we would have walked right by various things not realizing their significance if Bo had not pointed out the details. We did a night tour from Georgetown to Lincoln memorial, the Mall and then ended at the Washington monument. He customized our tour to make sure we got in as much as we wanted to see. We ended up getting much more than we thought we could take in. Bo is very polite and prompt. Most of all he is passionate about DC. Bo pointed out historic significance that you would not have known even existed, but then on top of that you come to realize the weight of it in the big picture of American history. Murder and mayhem played into the hearts and politics in DC too. You just have to take advantage of the options that he offers for you to see more then you expected out of the city. Bo is also lucky to have a business in which he can do what he loves and for that reason it makes his tours fantastic for our family.
Thank so much Bo! The Yocum Family

Visited March 2014

Wellington, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“WOW! WOW! WOW! You get what you pay for”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

After researching many tour options, I decided this was the best option for us. I made sure to schedule it for our first full day in D.C. We choose the DC in A Day Tour - best bang for the buck. Great decision. Bo was readily available for any pre trip information and advice on what to do in the early morning prior to our meeting point at Dupont Circle at 1:00 pm. This was a 6.5 hour walking tour, but due to his extensive enthusiasm and our willingness, it actually lasted until 8:30 pm , where he guided us back to the nearest metro stop to our hotel. Honestly - we were exhausted but would not have missed a minute of his exuberant narrative and expertise.

WHAT A WONDERFULGUIDE and fun and informational tour. Looking back at the map and area we covered on foot, well, we saw areas we never would have without this tour. It was a great intro to the city and since we only had four days, it was amazing. We never would have ventured into these areas on our own and probably would have only stayed at the attractions on the mall. Prior to meeting Bo, we toured the Newsium and then took the metro to Dupont Circle where a farmer's market was in full swing. It was a beautiful, sunny, perfect day- still chilly in the shade.

We were lucky in that we had incredibly nice people on our tour. Seven in total from diverse parts of the country and we enjoyed the company. Bo stated he keeps his tours small, 12 max or more if within the same party, but these are intimate, private tours, totally worth the price and then some. This was during the peak cherry blossom festival season and we were so lucky to have this small group tour.

We toured Embassy Row, Georgetown, Rock Creek Park, Foggy Bottom and George town University area (stopping for lunch in an economical, diverse university area)) the Waterfront (viewing Kennedy Center and the Watergate Hotel) The Lincoln Memorial, National Mall , memorials, museum descriptions and overviews with incredible amounts of insider information on how to spend the rest of our trip.and parts of downtown, ending at the Whitehouse..

In total we walked 13 miles that day according to our Fitbits. I figured nine total for the tour. Bo kept asking if we were able to continue and we all agreed - who could leave this wonderful tour!

I would suggest you be acclimated to walking and wear good shoes!! Bo did this entire tour walking backwards!! While he gave us incredible stories and histories you will not find on any other tour. My husband will be 71 this month and I am 60 - so let your own body be your guide.

Since this "first day" tour was comprehensive of many DC neighborhoods and the mall south of the Washington Monument and a walk through the mall, we were able to focus the rest of our trip on actually visiting the museums on the mall. The last day of our trip was dedicated to Capitol Hill, the Botanical Gardens and the American Indian Museum and the Smithsonian Art Museums.

A great trip. We are well traveled and this rates as one of our best tours- the best for information, fun historical facts, and personal attention.

There are several DC Insider tours of shorter duration to choose from, equally impressive and fun. Choose what fits your desires and activity levels, but definitely book a tour with BO!

3 Thank lazygal
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My finance and I did the Dark side of DC Tour over this past weekend (April 4-6). We had wanted to do something that was a little off the beaten path and this was exactly it! Our tour guide Bo was awesome and so incredibly knowledgeable about all things DC. The tour was geared towards scandal, deceit, murder, and ghost stories so we got to learn about things I had never knew about the city before. With all of our chatting and questions the tour took a little over 2 hours, but was well worth it. We definitely highly recommend Bo and DC Insider Tours. I will definitely be checking out the other tour options available the next time we visit DC!

Los Angeles, California
“WHAT A TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Signing up for the "D.C. In a Day" tour is a very long one that needs a great tour guide, and who better than Bo to lead the group through the streets of our nations capital? This tour with Bo was awesome! He makes history actually sound interesting- telling us the most noteworthy and rarely heard stories of D.C. He is very nonbias. If you had go on one tour in D.C. it would have to be with Bo, hands down!

P.S. I am a teenager

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Way to See D.C.!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have to start off by saying that I usually don't bother writing these reviews but I felt that DC Insider Tours deserved this recognition. My husband and I have recently moved to the DC area and decided to play tourist to learn more about this beautiful city we are living in. I did a lot of research on different tour groups since of course I wanted the best one and DC Insider Tours was the chosen one. We chose to go on the From Swamp to Swank tour. Becca was our tour guide and she was wonderful! So full of energy and very knowledgable. She kept the entire tour interesting and entertaining. She had so much knowledge about the city and told us little secret fun facts that were hiding all around. Overall a great experience and so much fun! I'm ready to book more tours!