“Walk like a Washingtonian”
Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Insider Tours is a luxury tour company founded and run by locals committed to providing in-depth and comprehensive tours of the city. Our expert guides go beyond just sharing the facts. They are incredible storytellers who bring the sites around you to life with improvisation, theatrics, and visual aids. And because we want everyone to have their perfect, one-of-a-kind DC experience, we offer tours to suit every need: Private chauffeured tours • Small group walking and electric bike tours (no pedaling required - all zoom!) • Smithsonian Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! Named "Best of" Washington 2017, and featured in Forbes, The Examiner, and Perth Now!
Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a great tour! From someone who thought they knew their way around DC, I can truly say that it was a delightful experience to hear it's history from someone so energetic and knowledgeable as Bo. Just being around him felt relaxing and down-to-earth...almost like the tour guide was a good college friend or something. Either way, I did it once and I'll do it again...can't wait to see what new tours they come up with next!

1  Thank DCLaughDropper
in 23 reviews
"interesting stories"
"small group"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our walking tour with Bo from DC Insider Tours was fantastic. He was so knowledgeable and fun. He kept the entire tour interesting. You could tell he really loves his work. It brought life to all those government buildings. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank LMHTX
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Last year at this time we went on our first DC Insiders tour. Bo was our tour guide, and being a fellow Gator we immediately bonded. This year, my sisters and daughter and I were in DC to celebrate my birthday. We chose the Ghost Scandal tour. We had a great time, even in the rain. Bo brings such enthusiasm to the tour and you learn so many interesting stories! My sister the history buff loved it as much as I, who is not so interested in boring details! He brings visual aids, so you can picture the people he talks about. The walk on this tour was easy. I highly recommend this company and we will certainly book another tour when we are in town again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I were in DC for a conference and had little time to see the city. We decided to do the DC Monuments at Night tour that was to take 2 hours. Bo was our tour guide and he was incredibly knowledgeable and very passionate about his city. It was a freezing cold night and when we started out we weren't even sure we could handle 2 hours. We ended up being out for over 3 hours and got so caught up in the stories that we forgot how cold we were. He even took the time to help us plan for the few hours we would have on the Monday to see some museums etc. and recommended some great 'off the beaten path' sights. If you are in the DC area this is the company to use.

1  Thank Jennifer C
See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife, college aged son, and I went on the 6 hour DC in a Day Tour last Saturday. This is the only walking tour of this scope in DC, and from the early afternoon into the early evening we strolled through and all over Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, the Mall, downtown and the White House area with Bo Stanton, perhaps the most enthusiastic, engaging, knowledgeable and just all around fun guide I have ever been with. He regaled us with political anecdotes, architectural insights, sharp edged biographies, a sure sense of geography / topography / urban development, and his deep understanding of Washington DC and wider American history, all well laden with choice words, great humor, empathy and at times some good old fashioned cynicism about the political process. We ended the day feeling we had really seen and absorbed and understood how Washington has made it to where it is today. If you enjoy long walking tours, great company and just knowing stuff, Bo is the guide for you.

1  Thank DBW1953