“Repeat Customer! Fantastic Tour! So Fun! Go on this!”
Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Insider Tours is a luxury tour company founded and run by locals committed to providing in-depth and comprehensive tours of the city. Our expert guides go beyond just sharing the facts. They are incredible storytellers who bring the sites around you to life with improvisation, theatrics, and visual aids. And because we want everyone to have their perfect, one-of-a-kind DC experience, we offer tours to suit every need: Private chauffeured tours • Small group walking and electric bike tours (no pedaling required - all zoom!) • Smithsonian Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! Named "Best of" Washington 2017, and featured in Forbes, The Examiner, and Perth Now!
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Last year at this time we went on our first DC Insiders tour. Bo was our tour guide, and being a fellow Gator we immediately bonded. This year, my sisters and daughter and I were in DC to celebrate my birthday. We chose the Ghost Scandal tour. We had a great time, even in the rain. Bo brings such enthusiasm to the tour and you learn so many interesting stories! My sister the history buff loved it as much as I, who is not so interested in boring details! He brings visual aids, so you can picture the people he talks about. The walk on this tour was easy. I highly recommend this company and we will certainly book another tour when we are in town again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I were in DC for a conference and had little time to see the city. We decided to do the DC Monuments at Night tour that was to take 2 hours. Bo was our tour guide and he was incredibly knowledgeable and very passionate about his city. It was a freezing cold night and when we started out we weren't even sure we could handle 2 hours. We ended up being out for over 3 hours and got so caught up in the stories that we forgot how cold we were. He even took the time to help us plan for the few hours we would have on the Monday to see some museums etc. and recommended some great 'off the beaten path' sights. If you are in the DC area this is the company to use.

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife, college aged son, and I went on the 6 hour DC in a Day Tour last Saturday. This is the only walking tour of this scope in DC, and from the early afternoon into the early evening we strolled through and all over Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, the Mall, downtown and the White House area with Bo Stanton, perhaps the most enthusiastic, engaging, knowledgeable and just all around fun guide I have ever been with. He regaled us with political anecdotes, architectural insights, sharp edged biographies, a sure sense of geography / topography / urban development, and his deep understanding of Washington DC and wider American history, all well laden with choice words, great humor, empathy and at times some good old fashioned cynicism about the political process. We ended the day feeling we had really seen and absorbed and understood how Washington has made it to where it is today. If you enjoy long walking tours, great company and just knowing stuff, Bo is the guide for you.

1  Thank DBW1953
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Bo was energetic & has a wealth of knowledge about the city and its history. I've lived in the D.C. metropolitan area all my life, but I never really took the time to explore the city in depth. I took the Highlight Reel Tour & I wish I had done something like this years ago.

Bo was very professional & engaging. He encouraged lots of questions & I didn't disappoint as I am very curious & inquisitive. He never made me feel like I asked too many questions. He is very passionate about the city & really liked that he pointed out so many things that I never would have noticed on my own. I feel like our group had our own insider's VIP tour with all the things he pointed out.

He offered several bathroom breaks along the tour. The time went by so quickly, I can't believe that it was 4 hours long! I will definitely take advantage of his other tours in the future. I highly recommend taking one of Bo's tours. Wear some comfy shoes & get ready to have a blast touring the city with Bo! You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We took the four hour "highlight reel" walking tour. Our tour guide, who is also the owner, was wonderful! He was very responsive via email and eager to answer all my questions in determining what tour to take. His instructions in meeting for the tour were easy to follow. He was on time and prepared to make our day a good one. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in his history lesson, much of which was given while he walked backwards. We covered a lot of ground, but he offered many opportunities for water and restroom breaks. The walk was long, but not difficult. He went above and beyond to meet and exceed our expectations. He gave us many other recommendations for how to spend the balance of our time, all of which turned out to be spot on! I highly recommend D.C. Tours!

1  Thank CPratas