“Tidal basin and scandal/ghost tour”
Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an authentic and in-depth DC experience? You’ve found it! DC Insider Tours is a boutique tour company founded and run by locals who know the dirt (or where to get it). And because we want everyone to have their perfect, one-of-a-kind DC adventure, we offer tours to suit every need: • Private chauffeured tours • Walking tours • Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours • Electric bike tours ("Best Alternative to a Segway" Washingtonian 2017) No matter your group size or occasion, our guides have the enthusiasm, passion, and education to deliver an unforgettable tour experience for people of all ages. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! We have been featured in Forbes, Washingtonian, and Perth Now!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Tidal basin and scandal/ghost tour”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

First and foremost, what an amazing city! If I had to do it all over again I would try and spend as much time w Bo as possible. We did a private tour of the tidal basin and then in the evening we did the scandal and ghost tour. What an amazing day! He was extremely knowledgable and always excited about the city and telling us what he knew. He was extremely flexible if we wanted to talk or ask questions he was open to any discussion or debate we had. He is possibly one of the greatest tour guides I've had and I've been on plenty of tours. Worth every penny and times 3! I would definitely use Bo again when we return to DC.

1 Thank Melanie D

Santee, South Carolina
“Feel like you're walking with your best friend!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This tour was fantastic but what made it so mystical was our tour guide, Bo. His passion for the city was contagious as he shared his extensive knowledge of our Nation's Capital. It was a walking story book of history, debauchery, scandal and honor. I was a bit worried about the length of the walk but it was perfect. It was such a casual experience. If you want a canned tour, go someplace else. If you want to feel like a part of the city and experience a personal connection, call Bo.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Taking a walk with Bo!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wow! We had an incredible time touring the sights of D.C. with Bo. He has a passion for the little things that help create a memorable experience. Be sure to wear great walking shoes. The four of us (me, my husband and 2 teenagers) really enjoyed the walking tour. Engaging conversation with a "local insider" beats recorded messages on buses any day of the week! Thanks Bo for helping to make our vacation just that much better! You rock.

Corbin, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Knowledge and Passion”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have so much great and nothing negative to say about Bo and his tour. The tour is a small group (4 persons total in our group) to allow a personal connection not available by the larger tours. I've never been on a another tour where the guide offered to use my camera to take pictures of me and my son. He has high energy and a passion for the inside stories. If you are looking for a great afternoon chalked full of American history, a tour of the Nation's capital and lots of not-so-common tid-bits, I highly recommend this tour. The tour is rather long (in excess of 6 hours) and entails a lot of walking, so make sure you can handle several hours on your feet and wear comfortable shoes. I should mention that he schedules a rest break 1/2 way through the tour at a very tasty restaurant in case anyone wants a snack, let us stop by a Seven-Eleven for drinks and plans another restroom break 3/4 of the way through the tour. I took my 6-year old son and was worried if he could handle it. However, Bo sets a wonderful pace and is mindful of the need for shady spots. My son did great, managed well, and on the walk back to our hotel after the tour said "Dad, I LOVED that!" I did too.

Thanks Bo!!!

P.S. My son and I agree that the complimentary oatmeal cookies were AWESOME!!!

Pacific Palisades, CA
“Great Day in DC”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We found Insider Tours through TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. Bo did a great job of providing a first rate tour of Washington for our family of 4. We were a bit worried about walking for 7 hours with our boys (11 and 16) but as it turned out, they loved the tour and didn't complain once! Bo offered great insight into the history of the city and covered both the basic history as well as the"behind the scenes" stories which made the tour really interesting and fast moving. Highly recommend Insider Tours to anyone visiting DC who wants more than the standard "hop on, hop off" tour.