“Impromptu Foggy Bottom tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an authentic and in-depth DC experience? You’ve found it! DC Insider Tours is a company founded and run by locals who know the dirt (or where to get it). And because we want everyone to have their perfect, one-of-a-kind DC adventure, we offer tours to suit every need: • Private chauffeured tours • Electric bike tours (yes, electric!) • Walking tours • Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours No matter your group size or occasion, our guides have the enthusiasm, passion, and education to deliver an unforgettable tour experience for people of all ages. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! We have been featured in Forbes, Washingtonian, and Perth Now!
United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Impromptu Foggy Bottom tour”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a different tour cancel on us the night before we were to take it. When I called, there was limited time left in the DC area, but Bo was flexible and easy to work with on arranging a time, a private tour and price. He is well read on the DC area and had a knack for telling a good story; whether it was about Watergate, disappearing ducks or encroaching educational real estate, he made it ALL interesting. Even though we're not into taking a lot of photo's, he pointed out the best spots take pics, offered time for us to take them and offered to take them himself and e-mail them to us. The tour was the fastest 2.5 hours of the entire trip (I didn't notice until the end that we were soaked from the rain). He even offered to be available by phone to answer questions or give recommendations for the remainder of our time in DC. My only regret was that we didn't have time to do a longer (or another) tour. Thanks Bo!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LifeisBestExplored

Orchard Park, New York, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Foggy bottom-monument night tour.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Took the tour last week and enjoyed every minute of it.The two plus hour tour seemed to fly by.Bo--our guide- seemed to enjoy his presentation as much as we did.His local knowledge and history was great.We highly recommend this tour during your D.C. visit.Thanks again D.C. Insider Tours.

Dayton, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great, comprehensive, family-friendly tour”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had the good fortune to take the DC Insider "DC In a Day" tour on our recent visit to DC in March. I was apprehensive at first as it is a 6 hour walking tour, and we have a 9-year old son. Well, our tour guide (Bo) was very friendly as well as extremely knowledgeable and kept us all interested throughout the tour. His in-depth knowledge of DC history added so much to the tour, and gave life to the sites we were experiencing. The break half-way through was nice, and although it was good to sit for a while, we were all ready to continue to see the sites and hear Bo's fascinating (and many times humorous) stories associated with what we were experiencing.

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get a full appreciation for DC, it's birth, it's life, and it's present situations. Bo is informative AND entertaining throughout, not just for adults, but he also kept our 9 year old son's attention the whole time. You will never be bored!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Larry D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Glitz, Glam and Gossip tour”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Even though I live in DC, I know very little about the history of the city. Therefore, I thought the Glitz, Glam and Gossip tour would be a great way to learn more about where I live and I was correct. My fiance and I went on the two hour tour of Dupont and Georgetown with Bo and it was more than I had expected. Bo was knowledgeable about the history of DC and provided a lot of fun and interesting facts/ stories about the city. He was also very engaging and personable. It was fun learning about how DC was involved in our country's history and the individuals that helped create and mold our nation’s capital. I'm definitely taking my family on one of the night tours the next time they come visit.

Livonia, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Foggy bottom and monuments at night tour”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Took the tour in April 2013. Would highly recommend. Bo is an excellent guide and made the tour very informative as well as enjoyable.
Ron B, Livonia, Mi