“Passionate knowledge & quirky insights - without the crowds”
Review of DC Insider Tours

DC Insider Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Insider Tours is a luxury tour company founded and run by locals committed to providing in-depth and comprehensive tours of the city. Our expert guides go beyond just sharing the facts. They are incredible storytellers who bring the sites around you to life with improvisation, theatrics, and visual aids. And because we want everyone to have their perfect, one-of-a-kind DC experience, we offer tours to suit every need: Private chauffeured tours • Small group walking and electric bike tours (no pedaling required - all zoom!) • Smithsonian Museum tours • Relocation tours • Corporate tours • Kids’ tours • Custom tours. So if you want to be a true DC Insider, join us for a tour! Named "Best of" Washington 2017, and featured in Forbes, The Examiner, and Perth Now!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Upon my arrival in DC (literally within 2 hours), I started the Insider tour with Bo. It was a fascinating 6 hours. We covered history, politics, architecture, geography, government and a little gossip. I learned far more than I thought I would. Bo clearly has a passion for the place and that is evident in his enthusiasm in sharing tales. This walk is also excellent for getting your bearings for Washington. In the next couple of days in Washington, I saw numerous bus sized tour groups and realised the amazing luck I had in arranging my tour with this company: there was Bo and there was me. It meant none of my questions went unanswered. Highly recommended.

1  Thank kim_rosenberg
There are newer reviews for DC Insider Tours

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This tour is excellent. Bo the tour operator and owner is very knowledgeable about the DC history. Bo will point out things to you showing you things on the tour you would never see with a motorized your company. Bo is passionate about history and DC do the combination lends itself to an awesome tour. The walk is slow so don't let the 6 hour timeframe deter you its well worth it.
We wished we went the first day in DC so we would've known better where to focus our time.

1  Thank GoldensRI
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The tour was awesome. Bo, our tour guide, was both very knowledgeable and very passionate which makes for a great combination and a very fun experience. We were a group of 4 friend and super happy we took the tour since it really colored the city in a new light and gave us a sense of the history and development of the city.

1  Thank Amit M
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We found this tour on TA; my wife, 7 Year old grand child and myself were intrigued by the tour reviews but a bit concerned about the length of the tour. After reading the reviews we decided to call and at least inquire. As it turns out, that was the best call we made during this spring break period. Bo helped us craft a tailor made tour, during the magic of the evening that was just perfect for us. The tour was full of interesting tid bits of entertaining information, many of which were hidden gems of wonder. So if you want a guarantee that at least one scheduled event is going to deliver to your expectations, this is the one that my family would definitely recommend. Bo is a gentleman and scholar, deadly serious about the quality of this tour and a guy that caters to his customers. Bo brings old maps, historical documents, pictures and other items to amaze. Thank goodness he does all of the hand holding, making it easy for a stressed family to make a lifetime of wonderful memories. Somehow saying that this is a tour is plain pedestrian and waters down what it really is. This is a destination, more like experiencing 3D, Technicolor in a 2D, black and white world. We offered a tip to show our appreciation, but it was a struggle to make him accept it, but I explained we would not be happy if he did not accept the small token. We will be returning for more history and culture, with a heavy helping of fun. Many tours are available; longer ones perfect for adults. What can we say, when treated like a king, a family can get a taste for feeling special. l Bo checked on us after the event to make sure we made it back to the hotel. We are hooked.

3  Thank Jlockht
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Tour by Bo. Really interesting and well worth cost.
Even grumpy teenagers engaged and interested! Quite a feet!
Did the 6 hour overview tour.
Wouldn't hesitate to use DCInsider tours if come here again for other areas!

2  Thank 1970AB