“Good Laughs!”
Review of Shear Madness

Shear Madness
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were looking for something to do in the evening and found this through a Tripadvisor search for Activities in Washington DC. There are some raving reviews that made it a must do for us! I'm giving it a three rating because as a whole experience, from entering to exiting, I feel that's a good rating. I'm not taking anything away from it, just giving it the rating I think it earned.

First off, the theater is super small. For it being in the Kennedy Center we were prepared to enter a dazzling theater and were disappointed to find a plane high school type theater. The ushers leading up to the theater were very pleasant and helpful. The ushers inside the actual theater were borderline rude. For it being a comedy show we expected more frivolity and playfulness. The show itself was great! It was funny and interactive and the cast played their parts perfectly. The interactive parts get a little out of hand when the audience is filled with children's groups but the cast keeps the show going as best they can. Unfortunately, our showing was FULL of teenagers, all three sections! Needless to say, the adults didn't get much input!

That all sounds a bit negative but it's not meant to be. The show is wonderfully funny, with very up to date humor. It's on the adult humor side but those teenagers LOVED that, made them laugh even harder! We thoroughly enjoyed the show and highly recommend it for a light evening of entertainment. The AAA discount is a must, cuts the price down to reasonable!

4  Thank Cindy P
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your response. We are so glad you liked the show! We were sorry to hear about your experience with the usher, we strive to create a positive patron experience from start to finish. If you could let us know the date and time you came to see the show we can look into this situation further and address the issue so that it doesn't happen again. Thank you again for your feedback we truly appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for Shear Madness

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The best play i have ever seen in my hole life i was on a school trip and everybody voted what was the best thing we did in boston and the whole group voted for shear madness anywaysi really like the fact that we get to choose the ending its amazing i love it <3

So glad you enjoyed! Come back anytime and enjoy a totally different whodunit!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Our last night in DC I picked this up not to know if I would enjoy or understand it all as my mother tounge is not English. But, I did lough loud! A must! Not cheap at 50$ + 6 as tax or whatever... it was worth every penny spent.

2  Thank kookey
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was stumped when we had a vast age range in a group of visitors from the West Coast were here. I did want them to see the Kennedy Center at night, but knew none of the classical productions would be appreciated. The kids dragged into KC after a hard day of sight seeing, ready to be bored. Everyone had an excellent time watching the show. The 10 year old grandchild loved it as much as the adults.

3  Thank Leonore1005
Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you have never seen it or are with someone who has not seen this play, you must! It is so entertaining and well done. It is a fun time for teens as well as adults.