“Love the location”
Review of The Woodward

The Woodward
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I called to ask for early checking...let 's face it they want you to check in at 4 and check out at 11. I was told they were going to try, the person on the phone was not very nice. When we got there, they knew absolutely nothing about my called and did not wanted to hear it. The room was ready close to 4 pm. Once we got in none to the TV were working, I made 3 phones calls and 2 people had to come in to fix the problem.

I do like the location but they need to improve their customer services to short term guess.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NewjerseyCaracol

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked an apartment and paid for it in advance then less that 24 hors before we due to arrive we received an email from them saying that they were overbooked and were transferring us to another property. The other property was much further out of town and not suitable to us at all so we cancelled immediately and had yo find snother place to stay, which ended up costing us a lot more due to late notice and availability. We were very lucky to have seen their email as we were not online most of the time. A phone call from them would have been courteous. Even better, they should have honoured their confirmed booking. To then make it worse, we had to chase them up several times to get our money back from them. This took over 3 weeks. I must add that Booking.com, who we booked the property with we're excellent in chasing them up to get our money back. Top marks to them! Zero out of 100 for Bridgestreet.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ray W
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed at these apartments from the 17/6/13 to the 25/6/13. We made our booking through Booking.com, and despite a one bedroom and not a two bedroom being booked for us and having to spend our first night in two separate apartments on separate floors , I would still highly recommend staying at these apartments. We were put into our two bedroom apartment the next day and found it to be beautifully furnished, very spacious with a full kitchen including a dishwasher, dining table, lounge room, two bathrooms and a washing machine and dryer. This is a great location, about a block from the Whitehouse and close to all landmarks. The neighbourhood is safe and you can walk around without a worry. There are some good restaurants close by as well as a pharmacy which also carries some food items. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank punkin64
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Despite an almost perfect place (location, amenities, services) an open window would be nice in the spring. Inside mounted storm windows prevented any type if fresh air from flowing. Desk staff is a bit daft at times, but splendidly helpful at others. I'd choose this before a hotel any day.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Paula C
Reviewed April 24, 2013

overall very good but toilet sink was badly blocked, i wasnt bothered to ask for it fixed but problem like this should have been discovered and fixed prior to guest arrival. nice and spacious apartment with full kitchen. location excellent very close to all the landmarks i planned to visit. staff is friendly but not very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked a couple of nights in these serviced apartments through booking.com as the price was VERY reasonable. I then got an email apologising that an incorrect price had been charged and wouod I like to cancel the booking or pay a lot more? Naturally, I chose neither option and explained that I have entered into a contract they offered and which they should honour. To their credit they did. Nice small apartment, Good to have the privacy instead of a hotel. I would happily stay again although the cost might now go above my work budget. but I'll check carefully.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Woodward Building is just 5 minutes from the White House. Our 2BR unit was comfortable for my family. We were a party of four and my sister joined us for a night. Living and dining areas were spacious. Kitchen was well laid out and complete with basic appliances and utensils.

Would definitely use this hotel if we'll go back to DC.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family