“Hidden gem”

Jackey Cafe
Ranked #1,337 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Liked it so much I came back the next day.
I had the General Though chicken. It was not overly battered and the vegetables were crisp and fresh. Serving size when added to a bowl of hot and sour soup was just right.
Let's face it, DC is an expensive place to eat and this place was very reasonable and delicious.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Hole in the ground, but so good. I was skeptical at first when some guy was trying to lure us to a tiny restaurant in the bottom of this building. We took the menu he gave us and kept walking. After walking all of China Town and not finding anything that looked great to eat I researched Jackey Cafe. It had awesome reviews so I said "why not?" So glad we went. Some of the best Chinese I've had.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Jackey Cafe is like several of the Chinese Restaurants in the small "Chinatown" in downtown Washington DC. I have been there a couple times. I first visited it purely on a random choice. The man at the door assured me it was authentic Chinese food. The restaurant seems relatively clean and my order was taken quickly. They have several of my favorite authentic dishes here. The food is in my opinion was relatively authentic - most similar to cuisine I have had in eastern China. The price seemed a bit high for me. Lunch prices seem more reasonable. Overall it was a good experience, but there are a lot of Chinese options in DC. Not the best Chinese food I have had, but far from the worst too.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was small and cheap, you get what you pay for but I will say they made every effort to accommodate our every need and expectation. Rocky start but ended very well. The food was just above average, for me, but perfectly cook. I would not make this a place for dinner but would definitely eat there for lunch...cheap and really good for the price.

I hope this helps someone.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

All in all a good place to eat and take a break. Staff was nice and attentive. Big enough portions to take home too.