“Best Tour ever!!!”

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #17 of 150 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was an awesome tour! Great fun riding the Segway while checking out DC. I have taken other tours and this one was hands-down the best!

2  Thank Fatima C
in 4 reviews
in 165 reviews
in 94 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I decided, after reading the many glowing reviews, to try my hand at a Smithsonian Segway Tour. I had limited time in this sprawling city and needed to maximize my touring time. I had to reschedule my booked tour because a meeting lasted longer than anticipated and they were very professional and helpful in accomplishing this. After a short video and safety instruction we were off on an adventure that I will not forget! The Tour Guide's commentary was informative and entertaining as we glided by the magnificent monuments and buildings of this monumental city. The beautiful and powerful image of the sun setting on our Capitol's Dome while I glided around the Capitol only then to watch the sun fall behind the Lincoln Memorial. Incredible! The combination of the joy of effortless movement, the fantastic sights and the entertaining stories of my guide all coming together equaled a five star event! This is a MUST DO.

1  Thank travelitaly7
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you want to see the sites around DC without killing your feet, this is a great way to go. My friends and I took the tour and we had a blast. Our guide talked almost the entire three hours and we learned a lot about the Smithsonian and the monuments. The machines were a lot easier to ride than I thought they would be and were even more fun than I expected. Lots of fun and I'd do it again, already recommended it to my folks.

1  Thank HistoryBuff2086
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We want to make it but havé phone before nô answer, we going to try it Directly but we waiting 1 jour nobody ils coming
Aftershave many calle nô retourn no answer
Very disapointed

1  Thank Oliver S
SegwayInc, Manager at Smithsonian National Mall Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are sincerely sorry that you had a poor experience communicating with us and that you were unable to enjoy our Segway PT Tour. At Smithsonian Tours by Segway, we pride ourselves on providing exemplary customer service and a superior tour experience, which is why we have been consistently rated by Trip Advisor as Washington, DC’s #1 group tour. We attribute your experience to a miscommunication in regard to how a tour reservation is made. As we understood it, your initial phone call was to request information about the tour. We did not understand that you wished to make a reservation, which is why a representative did not call you back and was not available at our kiosk when you arrived. We take responsibility for not ensuring that we fully understood your request and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rick was our guide on a 3 hour 7pm tour, and while he wasn't in charge of the weather (a glorious summer evening!), everything he was in charge of went perfectly. We rode from dusk/sunset to darkness, and the city and monuments were jewels around us. Rick made sure we were trained on how to safely ride before we even left the starting point (very important for several of us!!), and he filled us in on "little known" details about every building, monument, and statue we passed. It was incredibly relaxing, beautiful, and informative the entire three hours. We did take several rest breaks (to get off our feet for a few minutes), and he gave us opportunities to take pictures at some incredible viewing places. Not only do I want to come back for another segway tour in the not-too-distant future, but Rick's information also inspired me to add "on foot" return visits to my list for some of the specific buildings so I could go inside. This evening is a memory I will treasure, and I encourage everyone who has a list of things they want to do, to add this tour. Even if you go for the shorter tour (1.5 hours) you will find it a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Gail Y