“Best way to quickly see DC in one day”

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #46 of 149 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fantastic and fun tour of all the DC highlights. They are easier to ride than we thought and the guide was fantastic--wish I remembered his name. Saves your feet! Definitely worth the money and I'd do it again. Highly recommended for a different and exciting experience.

All reviews
in 165 reviews
"guide"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have lived in the DC area for 6 years and had a new experince unlike any other. OUr guide, Lee Robinson, was fantastic! He took his time teaching each of us to use the machines and was extra patient with those of us who were less comfortable, especially when getting on and off. He knew his material and we learned a lot! Thank you so much - best experience here in Washington!

1  Thank CCKP
SegwayInc, Manager at Smithsonian National Mall Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

There is so much wonderful sightseeing here in Washington, DC that I often have visitors (including local residents like you!). I was happy to go the extra mile to ensure that you enjoyed an exciting new experience. Thanks for the great feedback!

– Lee

Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a great time we had touring all over DC. Covered 7 miles in 3 hrs.! Stopped along the way so guide could tell us about the different sites we were seeing. I found the instructional video beforehand and the hands on training session before we started to be very informative. Even though I had been on a Segway before, I learned a lot. I would do this again on my next trip. It was such fun!!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

All the reviewers are not lying. This is a great experience combining two awesome things - Te National Mall and Segways. It is a marriage made in heaven.