“Put this on your bucket list!”

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #41 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Orland Park, Illinois
“Put this on your bucket list!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you have never been on a Segway you have to take this tour. With lots of ground to cover, the National Mall in Washington DC is a great place to try it out. Our guide Rick only enhanced the experience with his charming demeanor and reassuring manner. My 16 year old son enjoyed it so much he wanted to take the tour again that afternoon. Go for it!

Visited April 2013

“Probably one of the funnest things I've ever done!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

An absolute blast! My best friend and I went on this tour. I would never want to see DC on foot again. We saw so much in 3 hours, what would have normally taken 3 days! Rick was an awesome tour guide. Very patient and understanding with everyone, also very professional. I highly recommend this tour with anyone, well worth every penny!

“Segway with Rick”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went on a tour with my best friend Emily and Rick was our tour guide. He was the best tour guide. He knows so many historical facts and information that I never would have expected to find out. I highly recommend that everyone take a Segway tour, especially with Rick. Even though I live here I am so happy I did a Segway tour!!!

Visited April 2013
“Absolutely include this as part of your trip to DC.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide, Lee, was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and laid back. He was able to provide information during our tour via mic and headset. What we saw during our 3 hour tour would have taken us 3 days to accomplish without the segways. Our 17 year old son had a blast. Strongly recommend to anyone looking to see many of the buildings and memorials while having fun doing it.

San Francisco, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Even better the second time around”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I took a Segway tour when they had just started operations in 2012. That was an outstanding tour. We took another tour (my younger brother was visiting). Our tour guide, Lee, was absolutely fantastic - knowledgeable, professional, and a terrific sense of humor. Knowing that we had done the same 3-hour tour last year, he completed this tour via a different route. While we saw almost all the same sights, we learned something new. I highly recommend this tour to everyone - residents of the DC area (like us) and tourists.

Visited April 2013
SegwayInc, Manager at Smithsonian National Mall Tours, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
There is so much wonderful sightseeing here in Washington, DC that I often have visitors (including local residents like you!) return to take our tour multiple times. I was happy to go the extra mile to ensure that you enjoyed a fresh and new experience. Thanks for the great feedback!

– Lee